Wagyu Patty
Timana Tahu
Not sure if there's a similar thread on here already or not. But thought in the spirit of Grand Final week it would be cool to see the stories of some of our fans and how we got here to hopefully celebrate a GF win!
I come from a family that was already footy mad so I was destined to pick a club at some point, my brothers were already Knights fans (although my older brother did have a love affair with Canberra for a little while there)
Watching games didn't really start for me until around 2007/08, following my track record of supporting great teams once they've stopped being great (I also support Manchester United, but started watching regularly in the 2014/15 season after SAF retired).
I remember watching what would be considered a team of plonkers these days beat Penrith in the final round of the 2009 season with Kurt Gidley the man of the match, he was my favourite player for a long time after that weekend. I remember crying over a field goal loss to the Tigers in 2011, but still coming back next week to watch again.
But my most fond memory of the club as someone who missed the golden days of 97' and 01' was watching us break that horror losing streak against the Titans, and finally regain a sense that there was light to be shone upon this club again.
I didn't get to see Albert down the blind other than on replay, or Newcastle dominating Parra only to nearly throw it away in the second half. I got to see teams that might scrape through if they got lucky, and I got picked on for supporting a crap footy team but that didn't stop me.
Now that we're finally here, I'm loving every second of the support, the town coloured Red & Blue and the belief in the team being restored.
Thanks for reading my wall of text - what made you love the Newcastle Knights?
I come from a family that was already footy mad so I was destined to pick a club at some point, my brothers were already Knights fans (although my older brother did have a love affair with Canberra for a little while there)
Watching games didn't really start for me until around 2007/08, following my track record of supporting great teams once they've stopped being great (I also support Manchester United, but started watching regularly in the 2014/15 season after SAF retired).
I remember watching what would be considered a team of plonkers these days beat Penrith in the final round of the 2009 season with Kurt Gidley the man of the match, he was my favourite player for a long time after that weekend. I remember crying over a field goal loss to the Tigers in 2011, but still coming back next week to watch again.
But my most fond memory of the club as someone who missed the golden days of 97' and 01' was watching us break that horror losing streak against the Titans, and finally regain a sense that there was light to be shone upon this club again.
I didn't get to see Albert down the blind other than on replay, or Newcastle dominating Parra only to nearly throw it away in the second half. I got to see teams that might scrape through if they got lucky, and I got picked on for supporting a crap footy team but that didn't stop me.
Now that we're finally here, I'm loving every second of the support, the town coloured Red & Blue and the belief in the team being restored.
Thanks for reading my wall of text - what made you love the Newcastle Knights?