Tyson Frizell discussion

Joshhh

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Tyson Frizell.png

Knights player #321
NRL debut: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Brisbane Broncos, Round 21 2011
Knights debut: vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Round 1 2021

Last edited:
Now that we’re getting deeper into the season and Ponga committing seems like a while ago, how are we feeling about Frizell staying for 2023? Do you guys reckon he’s outta here? It’s all getting a bit sus the longer it’s delayed imo.

Now that we’re getting deeper into the season and Ponga committing seems like a while ago, how are we feeling about Frizell staying for 2023? Do you guys reckon he’s outta here? It’s all getting a bit sus the longer it’s delayed imo.
I think he will stay

He came to the knights because he wanted to improve his game and win things, so I could definitely see him taking a paycut to go to a better team.

On the other hand, I don't see the panthers/storm/roosters signing him, so he might not have a choice.

Is there anything worse when you check the forum and see a raft of topics have been replied to, then you realise it is just one negative comment added by the same user to all of them which adds nothing to topic at all?

Obviously no club is clamouring for him. That is probably more of a reflection on not wanting to outbid what he already has here for next year more than a reflection on his ability.

He came to the knights because he wanted to improve his game and win things, so I could definitely see him taking a paycut to go to a better team.

On the other hand, I don't see the panthers/storm/roosters signing him, so he might not have a choice.
I know they have already secured a number of senior forward stocks but I reckon you might have seen the Dolphins show interest in someone like Frizzell if he was off contract next season....but not enough to try and get him to get out of his contract for next year

Also reckon he'll stay, which is good because we need him, but also frustrating because I wish we didn't.

Don't get me wrong, really good player, but also kind of a weird one. Might be the second quickest back rower in the comp behind Nanai, has this build where he bounces out of tackles and can hit in defence with venom... but for some reason he's a bizarrely poor line runner so he records very few line breaks, doesn't seem to impact the game as much as it looks like he should on both sides of the ball, and comes up with the odd head-scratching defensive howler.

Dunno if I'm being unfair but he seems to give you a 7/10 every week, but with the blessings from the footy gods he has I've long felt like there should be more 9 or 10/10 performances.

He can carry the ball strong and in a side that can create space on the edges he would be handy but he has no passing game. Defence knows as soon as he is in possession, they only need to worry about him.

Brent read reporting a player swap could be on the cards between Brooks and Frizz, I'll burn every bit of knights gear I own if that happens.

Brent read reporting a player swap could be on the cards between Brooks and Frizz, I'll burn every bit of knights gear I own if that happens.
That would be the most desperate act I've ever heard happen here at Knights HQ.

I'd prefer Frizell to put In the number 7 than have a ****ty swap like that happen.

Hell, I can see more coming out of Frizell at 7 than Brooks.

Back