TRIAL: Knights v Panthers @ Port Macquarie

knight-no-7

Moderator
Team for Trial v Penrith Panthers:

Date: Saturday 27 February
Time: 7.00pm
Venue: Regional Stadium, Port Macquarie


Cameron Ciraldo
Ben Cross
Scott Dureau
Byron Fruean
Chris Houston
Marvin Karawana
Keith Lulia
Shannon McDonnell
Jarrod Mullen
Kevin Naqaima
Wes Naqaima
George Ndaira
Cory Paterson
Ben Rogers
Mark Taufua
Zeb Taia
Daniel Tolar
Evarn Tuimavave
Akuila Uate
Cooper Vuna

PORT MACQUARIE PREPARES FOR KNIGHTS
By Michelle Smit
newcastleknights.com
Tuesday, 23 February 2010


The Newcastle Knights will visit Taree High Schools before travelling to Port Macquarie tomorrow for a week of public appearances and their final trial against the Penrith Panthers.

After a 66-10 victory over a Melbourne Storm team of fringe first grade players, the Knights are looking forward to an intense game before the first round of the season.

"I'm sure all of the boys will be gearing up ready to have a really intense trial - something that resembles an NRL game so it should be a good night," said head coach, Rick Stone.

The three players that were injured during last weeks trial have recovered well, with Cooper Vuna named to line up against the Panthers after overcoming a cork.

"Junior's got a slight medial strain in the knee which will probably keep him out of this weekend I woudl suggest precautifionary wise," Rick said of Junior Sau's knee injury which caused him to leave the field.

Rib cartilige damage to Con Mika may keep him out of the game this weekend, but coaching staff are giving him every opportunity to be fit for the NSW cup side, the Central Coast Centurions.

The Newcastle Knights encourage fans to attend the trial to see an exciting game of rugby league.

Jarrod Mullen is set to lead the Newcastle Knights for the second time in as many weeks.

"I think Mullo will be captain again in the absence of Kurt Gidley.

"I was pretty impressed with how he handled himself last weekend both pre game and during the game.

"His composure and control was first grade and I'm sure he gained some confidence out of that and hopefully he takes it into this one as well."

newcastleknights.com
 
Im going, got the fourth ticket sold :), also i saw brad tighe and luke walsh at work tonight, said hey to luke but thats all.
 
Good knights4premiers, I'm going to YAY!!! I got Knights Autographs and Photos today WOOHOO!!!!

Newcastle permanent ?

I had a chat to them down the road when they were at Cremma' Kind of felt like it was going to be the leadership group for the year, Ben Cross, Mad Dog, Mullo, Gids, Jimmy Mac.
 
Yep Newwy Permanent. Did you go there or not, just down the road? Jimmy was pretty quiet and all the rest were a bit happy chap lol. Mad-dog is heaps nice, he introduced himself to me and shook my hand so it was awesome.

I know this is random but do you have Facebook?
 
Yep Newwy Permanent. Did you go there or not, just down the road? Jimmy was pretty quiet and all the rest were a bit happy chap lol. Mad-dog is heaps nice, he introduced himself to me and shook my hand so it was awesome.

I know this is random but do you have Facebook?

Yeah, i went in had a chat to mad dog, me and the missus got a photo with Kurt, and then later on saw them having a sit at Cremma.

Yeah, I do have Facebook mate, It's probably something you should ask over Private message though.
 
Tolar tackles opportunity to put hard knocks behind him
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...ty-to-put-hard-knocks-behind-him/1762542.aspx

Stone has Dureau half clear in contest
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...has-dureau-half-clear-in-contest/1762541.aspx

Penrith squad: Josh Bateman, Matthew Bell, Travis Burns, Petero Civoniceva, Lachlan Coote, Shane Elford, Michael Gordon, Tim Grant, Masada Iosefa, Michael Jennings, Kevin Kingston, Luke Lewis, Sam McKendry, Joseph Paulo, Nigel Plum, Frank Pritchard, Frank Puletua, Adrian Purtell, Nathan Smith, Brad Tighe, Ryan Walker, Luke Walsh, Trent Waterhouse.
 
Spoke to Zeb, Wes, Mark, Scotty, Fass And Aku all this morning, they all said they were pretty keen for a run, Wes will be playing just in the centers he said, Kevin Naiqama Should be sharing fullback with Mcdonnell, Uate said he wanted to be given a go there though, should be good, getting keen.
 
Looking forward to this game very much. Being unbiased here but I think Penrith have the edge. Knights are missing a few too many players for my liking.
I might get some updates here but last weeks updates on PI were ordinary and hardly said much detail. If there is more detail here I will look here.
 
Back
Top