Toohey's News

Just who did the Bulldogs offer up as a trade earlier in the season when they attempted to prise Jack Cogger out of the Knights?

We’re told it was Greg Eastwood, Aiden Tolman or Kerrod Holland but the Knights said no to all three.

Fergo talks to be ramped up
Take it as read the Knights are in the process of making a big play for Blake Ferguson and we are hearing the only thing that will stop him coming is if the Sydney Roosters make an even bigger offer.

In Newcastle’s favour is he wants at least a three year deal which he won’t get at Bondi. The Knights have even spoken to him about potential employment opportunities working with the indigenous.

Being selfish I would like Lamb to stay and develop his game and give us backup in halves which we sadly lack. From his point of view he is looking for first grade opportunity, I hope he chooses wisely as not many opportunities for him. Good luck to him whichever way he goes.

Tolmans and eastwoods contracts may have been ordinary for us not to take them but I'm not sure what eastwoods health is like these days. Not surprised Tolman wasn't taken.

Would have been ok with holland being in the swap as an added backline player who can kick goals unless he was on a des special contract

Those losses would have been even worse if the club spent its whole salary cap in 2016-17 so it's nearly $15m over three years

But it's ok because Wayne Bennett said "We left the club in good shape"

Saw Saulo at the under 20s today (watching the game). Heavily bandaged knee and an obvious limp, but I suspect he's had that all season.

Gardner acknowledged that injuries were tough on us this year, and there is a bigger role with brown compared to maybeother coaches.
He's a smarter man then to allow the coaching circus to affect the knights
But as mentioned its off a trust basis

Back