The NBA Thread

He's an absolute beast, ridiculous numbers and is clutch in the 4th quarter.

If Rubio was still fit I thought we where a huge shot of a finals spot, not too sure now.

We were as high as 7th on the ladder before Rubio got injured and on the way up, he and K Love worked a treat together.
 
Lakers trade Fisher for Jordan Hill
Also trade draft pick and luke Walton for Ramon Sesions and Christian Eyenga
Clippers get Nick Young from Wizards in 3 team deal which sends Nene to the Wizards, Javale Mcgee and Turiaf to the Nuggets
Howard stays in orlando for 1 more year
Spurs exchange Jefferson for Stephen Jackson

Don't ya just love the deadline?
 
Ok everyone, name your darkhorses for the playoffs, the teams you think will choke, your predicted finals series and finals MVP.

Darkhorse's: Grizzlies (West) - Pacers (East)
Chokers: Mavericks (West) - Heat (East)
Finals Series: Thunder (West) - Bulls (East)
Finals MVP: Durant (OKC)

I reckon the Lakers might give it a good shake, they've been going strong without Kobe and will only get better once he is back for good. Bynum and Gasol have been beast aswell!
 
Ok everyone, name your darkhorses for the playoffs, the teams you think will choke, your predicted finals series and finals MVP.

Darkhorse's: Grizzlies (West) - Pacers (East)
Chokers: Mavericks (West) - Heat (East)
Finals Series: Thunder (West) - Bulls (East)
Finals MVP: Durant (OKC)

I reckon the Lakers might give it a good shake, they've been going strong without Kobe and will only get better once he is back for good. Bynum and Gasol have been beast aswell!


I'm a Lakers fan and watching the game against San Antonio with Kobe, they were terrible, the bench and Bynum didn't stand up in the playoff setting.

Dark horse: Memphis(West) Pacers(east)
Chokers: Clippers(West) Bulls(east)
Finals Series: San Antonio(west) Miami(east)
Finals MVP: LeBron or Parker
 
I'm a Lakers fan and watching the game against San Antonio with Kobe, they were terrible, the bench and Bynum didn't stand up in the playoff setting.

Dark horse: Memphis(West) Pacers(east)
Chokers: Clippers(West) Bulls(east)
Finals Series: San Antonio(west) Miami(east)
Finals MVP: LeBron or Parker

I will cringe if Miami win it, I can't stand to see them win anything. Bunch of overrated showpony's the lot of them.

Don't want to see LBJ win anything until he returns to Cleveland in 2014. If they we're smart they'd trade D.Wade off as soon as they can so they can still get some value for him and get a quality Centre.

I dunno about the Pacers in big game's, but I think they might give the playoffs a good dig.
 
I will cringe if Miami win it, I can't stand to see them win anything. Bunch of overrated showpony's the lot of them.

Don't want to see LBJ win anything until he returns to Cleveland in 2014. If they we're smart they'd trade D.Wade off as soon as they can so they can still get some value for him and get a quality Centre.

I dunno about the Pacers in big game's, but I think they might give the playoffs a good dig.

Yeah I hope they don't win, but I think the only team that CAN stop them is San Antonio. LBJ won't go back to cleveland, he likes playing with DWade(who they shoudln't trade) too much, there is more chance of championships and seriously, the way he left, he won't be welcomr back

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Anyone on here play ball in real life?


Yeah, I play school and club, I'm not too good though, I can only shoot pretty much, nothing else.
 
Yeah I hope they don't win, but I think the only team that CAN stop them is San Antonio. LBJ won't go back to cleveland, he likes playing with DWade(who they shoudln't trade) too much, there is more chance of championships and seriously, the way he left, he won't be welcomr back

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------




Yeah, I play school and club, I'm not too good though, I can only shoot pretty much, nothing else.

OKC and the Bulls both have it over the Heat, Chicago beat Miami without Rose last time.

D Wade's only getting older and more injury prone, would be a smart move to trade him whilst his still got value so they could potentially get a good big man.

Lebron said he would consider a return to Cleveland in 2014.

I play school and competition too, im a 6'3 PF/SF.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Also Miami will never win anything with the rubbish front court they have.
 
Last edited:
OKC and the Bulls both have it over the Heat, Chicago beat Miami without Rose last time.

D Wade's only getting older and more injury prone, would be a smart move to trade him whilst his still got value so they could potentially get a good big man.

Lebron said he would consider a return to Cleveland in 2014.

I play school and competition too, im a 6'6 PF/SF.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Also Miami will never win anything with the rubbish front court they have.

Also the Celtics should be mentioned, they're experienced, in form and usually lift in the playoffs, also with KG and Bass in the frontcourt, they have a massive advantage over Miami. Also their Dwade and leBron's bogey team who've been counted out before because of age but usually surprise everybody. I don't think LeBron will be welcome back, not by the fans or the front office.
 
Yea, im only acouple of centermetres from dunking!

I can dunk the school hoops which is only a couple of centimetre's from professional NBA size. I can get to the rim on a full size hoop too.

Also the Celtics should be mentioned, they're experienced, in form and usually lift in the playoffs, also with KG and Bass in the frontcourt, they have a massive advantage over Miami. Also their Dwade and leBron's bogey team who've been counted out before because of age but usually surprise everybody. I don't think LeBron will be welcome back, not by the fans or the front office.

Yeah I agree, Celtics are a big match side with a lot of playoff experience.

I dunno, if he did sign again Cleveland fans would quickly forget IMO and it would be back to the old days. He and Gilbert have apparently sorted their issues out, just wouldn't suprise me to see him back.
 
I can dunk the school hoops which is only a couple of centimetre's from professional NBA size. I can get to the rim on a full size hoop too.



Yeah I agree, Celtics are a big match side with a lot of playoff experience.

I dunno, if he did sign again Cleveland fans would quickly forget IMO and it would be back to the old days. He and Gilbert have apparently sorted their issues out, just wouldn't suprise me to see him back.

Honestly though, I know Cleveland it's his hometown but I think anyone would rather live in South Beach than Cleveland!
 
Honestly though, I know Cleveland it's his hometown but I think anyone would rather live in South Beach than Cleveland!

His family lives in Cleveland, it's his hometown with all childhood freinds ect too. Cleveland is quieter, it's got beaches too.

TBH I think if I grew up there and loved it like he did, i'd wanna go back. I cant wait till he makes a return, it will be a good day for the NBA.
 
His family lives in Cleveland, it's his hometown with all childhood freinds ect too. Cleveland is quieter, it's got beaches too.

TBH I think if I grew up there and loved it like he did, i'd wanna go back. I cant wait till he makes a return, it will be a good day for the NBA.

Not to mention a bit inbred :p but if he does it will be, same as if Dwight stays in orlando and Durant stays in Oklahoma City for his career
 
I play school and competition too, im a 6'6 PF/SF.

I can dunk the school hoops which is only a couple of centimetre's from professional NBA size. I can get to the rim on a full size hoop too.

You are just on 2m tall but can't dunk a full size ring? :S

Also if you are 6'6" and play SF, how tall is your schools centre? :crazy: haha.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

His family lives in Cleveland, it's his hometown with all childhood freinds ect too. Cleveland is quieter, it's got beaches too.

TBH I think if I grew up there and loved it like he did, i'd wanna go back. I cant wait till he makes a return, it will be a good day for the NBA.

Cleveland has Beaches? lol. They might be called beaches, but they comparing them to Miami is ridiculous.

Its part of the Great Lakes district in the central north of America. Comparing it Miami is like comparing Albury to Surfers Paradise haha.

As a Cleveland fan, getting Lebron back would just set the franchise back. We have gotten over him, and have rebuilt with Irving, Thompson and what will be a top 5 pick this year + another first rounder. Thats 4 out of the 5 starters being 21 or under, with 3 of them top 5 picks, and another potentially top 15 if we can package LA's 25th pick with our 2 second rounders.

Things are looking up for Cleveland, and we should have another 2 first round picks next year, potentially one high as we will most likely be in the lottery again.

Lebron doesnt deserve to walk back into the team and steal it from Kyrie after what he did 2 years ago.

How he went about the whole "Decision" thing was just as heartbreaking for the city as when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore in the middle of the night.
 
Last edited:
You are just on 2m tall but can't dunk a full size ring? :S

Also if you are 6'6" and play SF, how tall is your schools centre? :crazy: haha.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------



Cleveland has Beaches? lol. They might be called beaches, but they comparing them to Miami is ridiculous.

Its part of the Great Lakes district in the central north of America. Comparing it Miami is like comparing Albury to Surfers Paradise haha.

As a Cleveland fan, getting Lebron back would just set the franchise back. We have gotten over him, and have rebuilt with Irving, Thompson and what will be a top 5 pick this year + another first rounder. Thats 4 out of the 5 starters being 21 or under, with 3 of them top 5 picks, and another potentially top 15 if we can package LA's 25th pick with our 2 second rounders.

Things are looking up for Cleveland, and we should have another 2 first round picks next year, potentially one high as we will most likely be in the lottery again.

Lebron doesnt deserve to walk back into the team and steal it from Kyrie after what he did 2 years ago.

How he went about the whole "Decision" thing was just as heartbreaking for the city as when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore in the middle of the night.

Nope 195cm, but I just done a rough measurement with a tape the other day and I'm around 6'6. I know 195cm is accurate for cm, not sure on feet.

I can grab the rim and hang but just can't get the ball in on a full sized ring that well. I mainly play PF, but do my time roaming around in at the 3. Our centre on weeknight's is a couple of centre's taller than me but wont be able to play much longer so i'm most likely going to have to play centre.

I know the beaches are **** in Cleveland compared to Miami, I was just pointing out that it had beaches haha.

Just imagine how well he and Kyrie could go together though, Lebron has always lacked a quality playmaker to back him up. D Wade isn't a playmaker either neither is Chalmers/Cole, LBJ runs the Heat's whole offense despite playing in the foward line. Lebron wouldn't set any franchise back! That's like saying that if Gallen or Marshall come to Newcastle it would make us worse!

Seriously, if LBJ comes back and the Cavs pick up a solid centre and some good reserves. There is Cleveland's championship. Lebron is a facilitator, him, Kyrie and a quality centre for example a young and up coming Demarcus Cousins or even a Nene' would cause massive damage to the NBA! Anyway that's unlikely to happen, but it's good thinking about what could happen.
 
You are just on 2m tall but can't dunk a full size ring? :S

Also if you are 6'6" and play SF, how tall is your schools centre? :crazy: haha.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------



Cleveland has Beaches? lol. They might be called beaches, but they comparing them to Miami is ridiculous.

Its part of the Great Lakes district in the central north of America. Comparing it Miami is like comparing Albury to Surfers Paradise haha.

As a Cleveland fan, getting Lebron back would just set the franchise back. We have gotten over him, and have rebuilt with Irving, Thompson and what will be a top 5 pick this year + another first rounder. Thats 4 out of the 5 starters being 21 or under, with 3 of them top 5 picks, and another potentially top 15 if we can package LA's 25th pick with our 2 second rounders.

Things are looking up for Cleveland, and we should have another 2 first round picks next year, potentially one high as we will most likely be in the lottery again.

Lebron doesnt deserve to walk back into the team and steal it from Kyrie after what he did 2 years ago.

How he went about the whole "Decision" thing was just as heartbreaking for the city as when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore in the middle of the night.

While I don't think he'll go back, no team in the NBA will turn down leBron if they have a chance of getting him. Remember what he did with the Cavs with nobody else to help, what will he be able to do with Irving, Thompson and the other young talent they will ultimately pick up through the draft!
 
And if we draft MKG this year, what happens to him when Lebron comes back to play SF?

while there is no denying the team would be better for it, I just feel that it wouldnt be the right move for the franchise after all that happened. It would no doubt split the supporter base.

Thankfully most of LBJ's team mates would have departed by 2014/2015, meaning there wouldnt be a dressing room division.

I believe by adding a top 5 pick this year (Most likely Beal but possibly MKG or Davis), and proably a top-10 next year, we can build without the need to bring him back. Winning a championship without him would be that much better than winning with him IMO.
 
Last edited:
And if we draft MKG this year, what happens to him when Lebron comes back to play SF?

while there is no denying the team would be better for it, I just feel that it wouldnt be the right move for the franchise after all that happened. It would no doubt split the supporter base.

Thankfully most of LBJ's team mates would have departed by 2014/2015, meaning there wouldnt be a dressing room division.

I believe by adding a top 5 pick this year (Most likely Beal but possibly MKG or Davis), and proably a top-10 next year, we can build without the need to bring him back. Winning a championship without him would be that much better than winning with him IMO.


The last point you made I totally agree with, especially after the way he left.

Just saying that if MKG turned out good in the 3 position and Lebron happened to comeback, LBJ could play SG or PF at a pinch. He practically runs the whole Heat offense, he could play PG too without too much hassle either I reckon.
 
Back
Top