THE GRAND FINAL VS ROOSTERS ❤️💙❤️💙❤️

Roosters were well on top of us for most of the game, we just showed a lot of heart defensively. Middles absolutely dominated, would have been interesting if we had Mooney and Jsaf, our young forwards were running on the empty. Mark dominating Marzhew was expected unfortunately. Just sucks because there is no guarantee that we are back in the GF for a long time.
Completely disagree. We had no reason to be there had massive outs the whole finals but still managed to come within 1 point. I see similar to when Penrith lost to Melbourne. There is not doubt we have a top 4 team and we will be by the bookies, media, etc.
 
Am feeling down, just went to give my points for MOTM but couldn’t, not sure anyone deserved my points and not sure anyone deserved to miss out.
Huge effort by all but always struggling, even after Pongas try I wasn’t confident, we were always struggling, defending, hanging on and that is meant as a compliment. We were in front but they were in control and then lead by 7 but we weren’t done, try to Marzhew and a wide angled conversion, by Smith and we are just a point behind but then the final whistle, lost, not beaten, big effort with more than a few missing, injured, suspended, well done Knights.
I look forward to next season.
 
I’m sure they take a lot away from that.

Roosters had an easy run through the finals playing teams that didn’t show for the game for the most part and ours was an uphill battle since the first week of the finals. They should proudly hold their heads high.

Can’t underestimate the importance of Crossland in this team. Him missing ate up important interchanges that we desperately needed after the absolute battle of last weekend. Just once this year it would have been nice to face these posers with a full strength team.

These young forwards will be a different beast next season with a full off season under the belt. If they were hurt after last years spoon, the hurt, hunger and rage will create animals out of them.

It’s been a fantastic season with many ups and downs, (more ups than downs people!) and for once it’s nice to end a season believing honestly that the rebuild has truly begun and the foundation for a dynasty and a new power plant has finally arrived.

Well done to this amazing team, coaching staff, recruitment and pathways.

Onwards and upwards friends. 🔴🔵
 
Great effort, really proud. Roosters were outstanding, so dominant in the forwards. They can be when u got Spencer and Chrichton on the bench. Two pretty arsey tries really, but that’s what Marky does.
I actually don’t know if SAF and Crossland would’ve made a huge different, marginally better maybe. But our go forward was average and roosters defence was so dominant.
To be in it til the end, lose by 1, outstanding. Shoutout to our young guys absolutely unreal, Cant too can hold his head high. Next year lads.
 
So proud and stoked to be a Knights supporter now. And I’ve said this before, this is dawn of a new area for the Knights being a perennial top 4 side playing for premierships. It’s undeniable we have an exceptional team with a unique playing style.

I could see the emotion on the boys, they will take that into next year and dominate teams. Unless we have an absolute crisis with injuries I honestly can’t see us making top 4 next season and on.

Our second rowers are beasts. We definitely finally missed our starting props. Roosters, Teddy played a very good game. Let’s get Ted excited as Knights fans for the future and premierships to come. I have no doubt of that.
 
just got back from MJS.

Gutted for these guys. They deserved more.

The Roosters looked like they had an easy game last week, and we looked like we played our Grand Final.

We hang in there for dear life.

DCE had hours to place his kicks and he’s too good not to land them where he wants them.

Their energy in line speed and kick chase suffocated us.

Idk if I’ll watch that again for a while. So maybe I’ll come back with some clearer thoughts.

Proud of the team. Never say die and we almost pipped them. Great effort. They are going to be an absolute force to be reckoned with over the next few years.

Not the best performance, but Roosters really showed their class (performance wise, not as players).

Anyway. Thanks boys. Celebrate this year with pride. Reflect on these feelings and use them to drive you towards greatness.
 
Good effort from the boys to make it this far absolutely devastating to lose by 1… moving forward though based on what I have seen this year I think Dylan brown five eight and Sandon smith halfback while our window is still currently open for a premiership. We don’t have time to wait for Sharpe to develop into a half I think he would be best suited in the centres for next year, would be solid in that position with his speed and defence to play out wide.
 
We’ve got to use this as motivation and not thinking we reached the summit plenty of teams make one and fade into obscurity.

Hopefully Justin and his team go away for a fortnight come back and rip in to prep excuse the cliche the best preseason even.

I still think even with Safiti we are one elite prop from genuine greatness, Hopwood is coming along nice, Crouch will be a great benchy, but can’t quite get behind Mooney yet.

Stellar effort though from a stellar finals series.
 
Proud of the guys, what a season. Really wasnt expecting to be here.

I thought Cant did an admirable job filling in at dummy half, i think we missed Crossland big time, he is such a leader in the group now with his linespeed and effot areas.

I dont think we played as well as we have the last few weeks, i guess the tank truely started to run dry after a bunch of big games bit did really well to keep it that close.
 
Back
Top