Tevita Pangai Jnr

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I have no issue with next year them getting back the cap space, but this year is a absolute joke.

2. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

TPJ can stink it up anywhere but here. If he could do the 15 minute mongrel consistently like taumalolo then sure. Until then NEXT....

knightime likes this.
  3. Wobbles

Wobbles Leo Dynevor

Forget TPJ, how good is Payne Haas going? He looks like a better target

4. krustykraz

krustykraz Todd Bates

He is signed for 5 or 6 years

5. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

Not 100% accurate but the mole is reporting the panthers are possibly getting JWH

Makes sense for the roosters to offload him to get Pangai

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Leo Dynevor

That'd be right

7. knightime

knightime Tim Maddison

Ofahengaue is signed for another 3 years as well I think. Damn Brisbane, locking up their juniors haha.

8. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We dont need him now, 18 months ago we did.
    We got Ese which im happy about.
    Now have Klemmer, Garvet and Glasby.

We are sweet for forwards for another 3+yrs imo.

We have some very good junior forwards just about ready for some stints in first grade, by next year 2 or 3 could fi d a regular bench spot.

Upgrades are the main focus for us now plus another half as Lino wont be re-signed for next year and another hooker unless Levi and Slade are here next year.

Brock would be a good back up if we could get him back for 150k or less, really not many halfbacks around atm that can do a job if needed.

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  9. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Jeez you're writing Lino off pretty quick if Lamb is your projected replacement. Given his Warriors performances, I think he's got something to offer when given the chance. Really wasn't even bad in his two brief appearances, just probably lacking that confidence to call the ball which would come with more time playing with the new squad. Lamb on the other hand has been shocking since about round 1 of last year.

Centurion likes this.
  10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If we lose Pearce for any reason, Lino will be in his element if we keep our powerful forward pack intact. The best he ever went in his life was in the Warriors under 20s behind a monster pack, and also when the Warriors had a strong pack in firsts and reserves. He follows those big guys looking for offloads, and gets things happening when he gets one.

11. 88Knight4life

I havent written him off, if he was of value to our 17 he'd be in it now!! Brown obviously wants something else that Lino can't or hasn't been able to show yet.
    I can't see brown keeping him around and he'll go to SL imo.
    Brock on the other hand will either be stuck with norths next year or we could give him another chance on the cheap.
    Just my view.

12. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Given Brown's track record, Lino will be back in the 6 before long & proclaimed as our main option for the rest of the year before Watson gets another run 3 weeks later, then Sione or Mann after that.

Beaumont likes this.
  13. knightime

knightime Tim Maddison

I agree, I think Lamb is a solid backup and would probably have a better chance at a spot in the 17 here than at the Roosters. He'd be cheap presumably. I could see him going to SL too though.

14. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

After watching Lino play and then Brock play against us , Id be keeping Lino . Brock looked like a deer in the headlights AGAIN ...

15. knightime

knightime Tim Maddison

In fairness to him though, he had no Keary or Cronk beside him as the first choice halves, and he was playing beside Latrell, meaning it was an unusual halves combination. Plenty of people on here have said it takes time for combinations to gel (look at us for example), so if he plays more regularly he might improve on combinations there. Not sure he'll get too many more opportunities with Lachlan Lam healthy though.

Ethan likes this.
  16. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Hard to judge Brock on that game, his forwards got owned, his halves partner had a 0/10 game and it was his first game for the club.

As for Lino it is a bit harsh to write him off already, but he really showed nothing in those two games he played. Not sure how his reggies form is, but probably deserves more chances before being punted.

I've had a man crush on TPJ ever since I saw him, but paying him 800k a season seems like a silly move considering his injury history, defensive issues and consistency problems.

Still a gun though

17. 88Knight4life

Going off cup form, Lamb is 3x the player.

Lino has had a pack able to hold its own in cup and not delivered wins.
    Lamb on the other hand is close to the top in all categories in a halfbacks role.

Jaybro likes this.
  18. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

Yeah that's true too.

19. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I’m still a Lamb fan

20. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Sean Rudder

Me too, liked to have seen him playing behind this current pack