Tautau Moga charged with assault

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by josh2010, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Owey

Owey Tony Kemp

“If I was chairman of the NRL, which I am, and I was involved in a matter like this, which I wouldn’t be, but if I was, I would stand down,” - Peter Beattie

Here is the problem with this statement. Peter Beattie has no idea if he will be involved in a matter like this. He could have allegations levelled against him, perhaps of an historic nature, that are later unproven. The way he worded this statement shows a presumption of guilt for some of the players currently before the courts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Battler

Battler Dairi Kovae

The problem with that statement is that it was actually made by the chairman of the NRL. Peter Beattie embarrasses himself almost every time he opens his mouth.

packo likes this.
  3. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Standing down someone on full pay is in no way a presumption of guilt.

4. Battler

Battler Dairi Kovae

if you hadn't have told me who said it I would have guessed Laurie Daley: the master of mixed metaphors and inventor of words.

5. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I understand where your coming from but Jacob wasn't found guilty he wasn't even charged ...

6. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He still got himself involved & ended up with an injury, ruining his whole pre-season all while we're supposed to be paying him to have a big year & challenge for a spot. His responsibility is to not put himself in situations like that.

Then there's the whole bringing the game into disrepute thing, having his, the Knights' & the game's name associated with negative publicity, potentially damaging reputations & relationships with sponsors who don't want to be associated with it.

Gardner is setting a strong culture, keep yourself out of bad situations or there will be consequences.

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Hughes

So in a scenario where a player is out on the town, sees a bloke laying in to his wife, you want the player to sit by and watch and not get himself involved?

Or if he does get himself involved, maybe he gets injured, or maybe he has an assault charge laid against him.

In the current situation he is fined by the club and treated as if he is a guilty party because he "got himself involved".

Players getting themselves injured away from the playing field are pretty rare. So most of this is a moot point.

As for bringing the game and club in to disrepute, if he did nothing wrong and was breaking up a fight, or whatever, then the club should be open and honest about the whole thing and clear the air so there is no disrepute. You get the disrepute when media covers it with half the facts and fills in the blanks with lovely scandal headlines.

8. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Players are aware of their commitment to the contract they sign. Absolutely no excuses out on the turps all bloody night.

You breach the contract beware of the penalties. You guys are so PC!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  9. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Every case would be judged on it's merits, none of it would be black & white. The people who are in control of these decisions have seen the footage/seen the details & made their choice, I'm sure with reason & careful consideration. If the situation involved something like you suggested, I'm sure they'd be sympathetic to that too.

88Knight4life likes this.
  10. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Mate generation Y who think they have the same responsibilities and accountability as professional sportsmen.

When you play for the NRL you represent that brand and are contract bound to it and are accountable to it the secone you log onto social media or step out of your house.

Don't like it / can't hack it get another job.

11. Lord of the Skraelings

I hear if you keep on pulling it plays a tune?

packo likes this.
  12. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

You are on fire! Haha

13. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I could like this 5 times.

At the end of the day, these young men are being paid big dollars to be apart of a franchise and brand.
    They all live in awesome homes. Take the party behind closed doors and eliminate the dangers of others from the situation.
    Maybe take everyones phones at the door also... as we know any "joking ack" will land them in hot water.

Blows my mind some are on the side of the players being able to do stupid chit in public places and not get a kick in the arse.

If Moga was a NFL player he would be sacked already and probably in jail for 2yrs.

14. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

So a player walks out of wests and gets knocked out by some drunk our player has had a couple of beers he lands on his head and is concussed he has done nothing wrong but cant play for the team and you lot think he would be at fault and bringing the club and game into disrepute because he went out ...Imo its wrong to just presume someone guilty of anything especially when the aus law enforcement says he isn't …

15. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

The difference there is the word "couple". Jacob had a "couple" dozen.

16. danknights

danknights Ben Kennedy

Also. Jacob out for 6+ weeks. Concussion usually a week or so. Massive difference sir.

Lefty likes this.
  17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Is this at 3pm or 3am?
    Did the player break club rules?

If your going to make up stories, pkease give me the right stuff to get in the moment.

18. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

We’re seven pages in to this thread and people still don’t understand this and make up dumb imaginary scenarios that have nothing to do with the current situation. Especially considering it’s already been made clear it’ll not be tolerated and every situation will be judged on its own merit.

19. Joel

Joel Touche...

Where did you hear this?

20. Lord of the Skraelings

Regularly reported he'd been on a 12 hour bender.