Tautau Moga charged with assault

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by josh2010, Jan 11, 2019.

1. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

Still amazes me that people don’t get this. Was he recovering from an injury too?

The bigger picture is that the club is inconvenienced not only off the field because of this new injury which sets back his development and fhe clubs plans for him.
    Players need to understand it’s not just about them, it’s about the team

2. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Yeah when I go out at night after a hard day its still all about work not me .

3. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Good luck earning decent coin with no job........

4. Joel

Joel Touche...

In this case it was a hard day of drinking lol

5. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Yeah I know just doing a Billy lol
    How much longer before round 1 it seems to be getting further away not closer lol

6. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Rod Whitaker

Retired
    Not what I'm hearing, I'm hearing he is very very lucky this is the only complaint he is facing.

Lot of fans forget that Wests never wanted to buy the Knights they only did because it would have cost them money to let the Knights fold or move away. They will not risk anyone Moga, Ponga, Pearce bringing them down they have discreetly asked big name players to move on in past. Wests will always come first

Beatell and Tasgirl like this.
  7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

Personally I'm happy with that arrangement. If a "big star" comes here and acts up enough that it is a sacking offence, so be it.

Barry Crush likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

My mate that worked for wests for 10yrs said the opposite.. Gardner has always wanted to own the Knights although Wests will always come first is right .

9. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Rod Whitaker

Retired
    Yeah but Gardner answers to a board who and he nearly got arsed over it.

10. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Gardner is the board

11. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Rod Whitaker

Retired
    If you believe that you haven't been paying attention

12. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

From Toohey's news 16/02/2019

Moga's impending court case may not be all doom and gloom for his future with the Knights
    - The taxi company has written a supportive letter for Moga after he contacted the company off his own accord to apologise to the driver
    - Moga has also been in contact with the company off his own accord numerous times (not just once) to check up on the driver and his health and wellbeing
    - The company believes Moga has shown geniune remorse for his actions
    - Knights officials have been impressed with his actions and how he has conducted himself since the incident
    - Depending on how things pan out in court Moga still might be sanctioned by the NRL
    - But reading in between the lines Baz doesn't believe the Knights will rip up his contract
    Of course the typical Sydney media and the telecrap don't care about these sorts of things so no surprise this hasn't been revealed up until now. I don't think Moga would have done the above just for it to appear in the papers knowing he will be fined for his actions either way and still be in court.
    - Fans have also expressed their support through letters and social media

So hopefully at some point this can be put behind him (even if sanctioned) and he can continue with his footy.

Frank McWilliams and Wobbles like this.
  13. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Woolnough

Telecrap et al are only interested in running sham controversy articles in the lead up to the NRL season kick off, they do it every season.

Read a recent one on News.com that stated in the headling another NRL circus erupts, all it was, was an ex players opinion on how they can control the constant trading of players, and that the suggestion was the NRL should pay all players, but no plan on how that would actually work.

Rubbish journalists.

R_A likes this.
  14. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

15. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If it teaches the group a lesson or two im all for hitting them with fines like Wests are doing atm.
    Gone are the days of being a clown on the ****.

16. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Just wait for all the RLPA backlash toward us....... As you said if it teaches them to think twice then I'm all for it.

17. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Logan Campbell

Asset Manager
    This is exactly what’s needed. Would definitely make me think twice before making the sober decision to put myself in an environment where there’s a high probability of ending the night as a drunk twat! It’s fair enough as these behaviors and incidents costs the clubs both sponsorship and brand/reputational financial harm. I don’t know any employer that would not either a) fire or b) fine its staff for bringing a company into disrepute. I think the RLPA should really have a long think about the message they’re sending and how poorly considered a response that disagrees with this fine would look.

member 2299 likes this.
  18. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

RLPA wont have a leg to stand on.
    In these two cases for us alone we've had 1 player Jacob injured and needing surgery and multiple weeks off work, all paid for by the club.
    Then we have Moga assault of a taxi driver, while in rehab for a 4th knee reco.
    RLPA would be laughed at if they attemped any sort of call for player welfare.

19. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

If they are found guilty then come down hard on them hard but not until the courts have found them guilty . They should not be fined , stood down or sacked until a Judge or Jury finds then guilty and if found not guilty then they should have no case to answer and this is why …
    Previous cases of alleged sexual assault involving Brett Stewart and the Canterbury players investigated following an accusation of group sex in Coffs Harbour years ago, as well as domestic violence charges against Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Hazem El Masri, demonstrate that the courts must decide. All resulted in the players having no case to answer.

Also Radradra was stopped from playing for Australia by Mal Meninga before his court case and then found not guilty so Meninga presumed him guilty but he wasn't .
    Doing this is a bad road to be going down but on the other hand if found guilty then just sack them from the game .
    Then Jacob was said by police and security staff to have done nothing wrong and still got fined that rankles me something fierce imo that is still very wrong ...

20. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Darren Albert

Agreed player is innocent until proven guilty but if not a crime but bringing club and team into disrepute then club fining players is ok. Sure Jacob did nothing wrong legally but should never have put himself in that position, players need to be more aware of the circumstances they can cause especially more so today than bygone days prior to mobile phones/cameras etc.

Ethan, Still_Nutty and danknights like this.