Suggestions for Admin and Mods

Hey Guys.

Forum shutdown, Mid November, Open again Start of February, nothing happening except a lot of arguing.

Also happy to help out as a mod if required am on here 6 days a week and keep an eye on here most nights.

I think we need to avoid a big brother style governance of speech and thought. There should be basic rules on a public forum. First and foremost comes freedom of expression. And we must remember that a vast majority of men, women and children, know how to swear, hear swearing on a daily basis and participate in swearing on a daily basis. Why we must propagate some superficial standard that no one really subscribes to themselves is confusing to me.

Inherent within the freedom to express ones-self comes the risk that we may insult or offend others. That's part of the deal.

That said, there's a difference between light hearted banter and geniune inquiry, and actually going out of your way to be a **** to other people. Or to go out of your way to damage the social capital of this public forum, which is, at the end of the day, someone elses property

I would encourage the mods not to overthink in sesrch fpr some miracle remedy of Governance, but rather, take a passive role. Delete things which shouldnt have been posted. Warn people. And if necesarry, ban people

We just need to remember we all(except for ploughboy) follow the same team and no matter how far apart opinions are we'll all be getting tanked together when we win the comp.

Hey Guys.

Forum shutdown, Mid November, Open again Start of February, nothing happening except a lot of arguing.

Also happy to help out as a mod if required am on here 6 days a week and keep an eye on here most nights.

There has been alot of good debate and talk, The arguing has been in the minority

There is plenty to talk about in the off season mate

We won't be shutting this place down, 90% of the members do the right thing

I think we need to avoid a big brother style governance of speech and thought. There should be basic rules on a public forum. First and foremost comes freedom of expression. And we must remember that a vast majority of men, women and children, know how to swear, hear swearing on a daily basis and participate in swearing on a daily basis. Why we must propagate some superficial standard that no one really subscribes to themselves is confusing to me.

Inherent within the freedom to express ones-self comes the risk that we may insult or offend others. That's part of the deal.

That said, there's a difference between light hearted banter and geniune inquiry, and actually going out of your way to be a **** to other people. Or to go out of your way to damage the social capital of this public forum, which is, at the end of the day, someone elses property

I would encourage the mods not to overthink in sesrch fpr some miracle remedy of Governance, but rather, take a passive role. Delete things which shouldnt have been posted. Warn people. And if necesarry, ban people

That's what we have been doing for years now, Delete personal attacks and abuse etc warn and ban

We do have a set of rules which has been around since the place started in 2005, They can be found here

We have always encouraged debate, freedom of speech and conversation, The only time we intervene is when it turns nasty or personal

I really don't think people understand how hard we work and how hard our job is at times

This place almost ended a few years back

Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it

I for one think it’s the best it’s been.

I think there is some really great members at the moment.

Billy there is no hate for you buddy. I for one voted you member of the year last awards and I’m sure others would have too.

If people do not like the forum then leave. Sometimes people get a roasting but I don’t think it’s personal.

Thanks for your efforts mods.

I for one think it’s the best it’s been.

I think there is some really great members at the moment.

Billy there is no hate for you buddy. I for one voted you member of the year last awards and I’m sure others would have too.

If people do not like the forum then leave. Sometimes people get a roasting but I don’t think it’s personal.

Thanks for your efforts mods.

Wholeheartedly agree with every piece of that, fam

I really don't think people understand how hard we work and how hard our job is at times

I cbf private messaging this, but just speak to me first if you're thinking of throwing it in again. Happy to explain in PM if you like

I feel you rough, I really do. Why don't you take a bit of time off during off season? Its been sooooo good for me to have this break. I'm quite refreshed.

I also think this place is pretty good. People are going to disagree, the line should be drawn where it becomes personal.

Today for whatever reason, a seemingly innocent conversation turned quite nasty for virtually no reason.

The mods here do a good job, but I recommend them not taking these outbreaks too much to heart, it's not a personal attack on the forum or yourselves.

People will fight every now and then. Hand out warnings, infractions, temp ban maybe and move on.

This forum is a great source of information and opinions on the Knights. I hope it continues for many years to come. I think the staff do a wonderful job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think this place is pretty good. People are going to disagree, the line should be drawn where it becomes personal.

Today for whatever reason, a seemingly innocent conversation turned quite nasty for virtually no reason.

The mods here do a good job, but I recommend them not taking these outbreaks too much to heart, it's not a personal attack on the forum or yourselves.

People will fight every now and then. Hand out warnings, infractions, temp ban maybe and move on.

Also lads think about how it was 12 months ago, since Cows @cowboyman and I have thrown in the gloves its been a sewing class in comparison!

@rhugh89 can thank this big man for killing MS forums biggest feud in history could talk the birds down from the tree's aye!

Back