Semi-final 1 - Warriors V Knights - Saturday 16 September 4:05pm - Go Media Stadium, Auckland

Match result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon Panthers/Broncos would be a great game hahaha. I’ll watch.
I’m going to annoy a lot of people here (I don’t care in the slightest) but if I have to see Penrith win another trophy I’ll eat glass. Being up in Queensland for nearly 3 years, if broncos make it then that’s who I’ll have to back. Not because I love Brisbane by any means, but I thoroughly dislike that cocky panthers outfit with a passion… like I really really hate them.

I kind of feel nothing for them. They’re just so petty and emotionally fragile for a team which has won everything for the past couple of years. They’re in this never ending cycle of doing something really tryhard > trying to pretend the way people reacted doesn’t bother them but you can tell it really does > doing something even more tryhard. All that winning doesn’t seem to make a lot of those blokes happy so who cares.

Now Cameron Smith. There was a villain you could set your watch to! Just never looked flustered by anything, did not give a single **** what people thought of him, and looked like he could play in a dinner suit without getting it dirty & still give a best on ground performance. There’s a guy you hated, instead of feeling sorry for, because ultimately you had to respect him.

Even with Cameron Smith, he seems like a lovely guy now he’s retired and is in the media. Makes me realise there’s no point getting worked up about players on the field, they all have their own stuff going on, none of them are truly bad people just because they play for another team.

Even with Cameron Smith, he seems like a lovely guy now he’s retired and is in the media. Makes me realise there’s no point getting worked up about players on the field, they all have their own stuff going on, none of them are truly bad people just because they play for another team.
He actually is, by all reports, a great bloke. Big part of why so many players put in for him so hard over the years.

Been hiding away in the shadows for the last few weeks just reading the posts. Haven't been able to watch any of our finals games live due to work unfortunately.

I will say this - if you'd told me 12 weeks ago that we'd be getting knocked out in the semi finals after winning 10 straight matches I'd have laughed straight in your face without hesitation.

The turnaround in this football team has been nothing short of remarkable, we played some of the most complete rugby league I've seen by any Knights side for a number of years, and the true and genuine passion for the sport that has laid dormant has been reignited by this bunch of blokes.

I truly think that this is now a club headed in the right direction, barring Brailey and the late season injuries to Hastings, we've seen exactly what AOB has been trying to implement with the next man up mentality in the squad, and more often than not that reserve player has been able to plug the gap.

We can only hope that the playing group feels inspired by this run, and that the onus of our off season is on manifesting that gut-wrenching feeling of loss after all of the hard work put in.

A fully fit Hastings, Brailey and a solid replacement for Dom (maybe another solid FRF because Saf X2 while great on their day both seem very injury prone) and I think we can really push for a top 4 spot next season and go deep into the finals, we were only 2 games off the big dance!

Sorry for the long winded rant but for the first time in a long time, it's exciting times to be an NRL fan in the Hunter.

I’m going to annoy a lot of people here (I don’t care in the slightest) but if I have to see Penrith win another trophy I’ll eat glass. Being up in Queensland for nearly 3 years, if broncos make it then that’s who I’ll have to back. Not because I love Brisbane by any means, but I thoroughly dislike that cocky panthers outfit with a passion… like I really really hate them.
Sorry but Bronx can be just as cocky and I couldn't stand them winning another one

I thought I’d be on the wahs bandwagon I’ll be cheering them on against the bronx but I’m gonna back Melbourne as smokies and Munster always seems to pull something out of his behind

I've arranged the remaining teams in the finals by how much I like them:

1) Warriors
2) Panthers

*Daylight*

3) Storm

*Eternity*

4) Donkeys

I've seen the NZ test side take it to Australia when they were supposed to be no hope enough times to know that they don't read our press over there.
When the country get's behind them, you can throw the form guide out the window.
Brisbane should beat the Warriors easily on paper.
The only people who won't know that are the Warriors.

Warriors won't get near either of the Broncos and the Panthers, unfortunately.

Broncs will put 40 points on the Warriors at Suncorp. And will likely beat the Panthers in the GF. The Panthers aren't what they were in previous seasons and may be without Luai until next season.

Warriors won't get near either of the Broncos and the Panthers, unfortunately.

Broncs will put 40 points on the Warriors at Suncorp. And will likely beat the Panthers in the GF. The Panthers aren't what they were in previous seasons and may be without Luai until next season.
Luai's injury brings Penrith away from invincibility but the Broncs have too many weaknesses, Cleary will likely grind them to dust.

Only a couple of weeks ago a ramshackle Raiders outfit had the full-strength Broncs until Rapana went full Rapana. Titans also beat them at Suncorp without Tino. If the Panthers are full-strength you can't afford to have those lapses because they won't let you back into the game.

Could see Penrith annihilating the Broncs the same way they did to Parra last year if they both make the GF. At the same time if the Broncs bring their best they could definitely win it, but at full-strength I'm giving it to Penrith in 8/10 matchups. Again, Luai and Tago injuries definitely alter the equation in Brisbanes favour.

Back