Seibold to the Knights rumour

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
O'Brien would be no chance of getting the Melbourne job unless we go really well in 2021 - so there is that.
He'll have to get us into the top 4 and be genuine threats for Melbourne to even give him an interview you would think.

Owey

Darren Treacy
And it sounds like he'll be extended before the season, so hopefully that's that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Joshhh

OnARampageFuelledByGod
O'Brien would be no chance of getting the Melbourne job unless we go really well in 2021 - so there is that.
He'll have to get us into the top 4 and be genuine threats for Melbourne to even give him an interview you would think.

From everything that's been written, he's an extremely highly respected individual down in Melbourne, as he would be after spending over a decade there & forming deep relationships with all the staff & players. I don't think they would hesitate taking him back, but might have options in front of him at the moment for the top job like Ryles.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
In the article about Seibold, O'Brien also talks about Ryan and O'Meley. He talks about their interest in improving young players and also the importance of them being fulltime. I assume from that, he might have talked to many other guys similar to Garth Brennen and Todd Lowrie who only want to do the job part time.
O'Meley and Ryan can probably afford to work for minimum wage because they'd have made very good money as footballers and they are young enough to have hopes of becoming firstgrade coaches.
O'Brien is a well known workaholic who puts in 10 or 12 hour days. One article said he showed up at 4.30 in the morning sometimes.
I can see that he wouldn't be happy with a part time coach putting in 20 hours a week, when he does 60 hours or more himself.

Owey

Darren Treacy
I'm sure I've read too that Ryan and O'Meeley will be in and around the first grade squad as well as running their own grades. I'm sure Obi with his reputation would be across all grades as well. In the long run, this will help deliver the same message across all grades and help players take the next step in some comfort. I can only see this being a good thing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/game-p...tacking-trend-set-to-be-a-key-factor-in-2021/

Seibold is doing videos for NRL.com explaining game plans.

I wish we had this one about 3 years ago.

We have had argument after argument on this forum about how terrible every winger and centre is in defence and I always tried to make the point that the opposition worked really hard to make it so we weren't numbering up, and the blame was often with the inside players.

This video explains the tactics teams use to draw in the 3 in defender so they can get a 3 on 2 situation and make a winger look like a dummy.

Reactions: ben

Kurriboy

Matthew Gidley
https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/game-p...tacking-trend-set-to-be-a-key-factor-in-2021/

Seibold is doing videos for NRL.com explaining game plans.

I wish we had this one about 3 years ago.

We have had argument after argument on this forum about how terrible every winger and centre is in defence and I always tried to make the point that the opposition worked really hard to make it so we weren't numbering up, and the blame was often with the inside players.

This video explains the tactics teams use to draw in the 3 in defender so they can get a 3 on 2 situation and make a winger look like a dummy.

I really hope OB and Seibold have us running those sorts of shapes this season and standing that deep in attack.

I'm just a liittle bit over 1 out run after 1 out run all game. And if we aren't lining up with that sort of shape the question needs to be asked why not!

daniels

Trent Hodkinson
I thought the one really good thing about the trials is we showed more of a willingness to spread the ball i hope we don't revert to the old 1 out stuff, I dont think I can go through another season of watching that.