Rumour: Pat Vaivai to the Raiders

He's got fitness issues for sure, interchanges coming down, but I'd be pretty disappointed if we let him go without giving him a chance to get used to NRL. He's a massive guy with ball skills, the kind of player we could use & he's got another year on his contract. We better not be releasing him early just to free up some funds for some journeyman, a decent forward would be nice.

Of course he and young players like him are going to move on when one sees Newtown, Smith, Faalogo before his retirement last week and Houston picked week after week.

The lurker just confirmed it

- - - Updated - - -

I would've like to keep him , we need props and he does have some potential and its not as though he would have been on much , they were after tamou and settled for him just goes to show theres not much in the market , hardly gives me any hope of us getting a prop

We better not allow this. I think he has potential and has showed signs of being a strong forward. Ofcourse we let him go to canberra though ...... What a joke

Mataora seems to have passed him in the pecking order ...I wonder if Danny Wicks would think of coming back to Newy id take him ...

We better not allow this. I think he has potential and has showed signs of being a strong forward. Ofcourse we let him go to canberra though ...... What a joke

He struggles to keep up now and the interchanges are dropping next year.

Pat is a fringe firstgrader as he is now.
I get the feeling a change of clubs will do him good and he can become a regular firstgrader if he pushes himself hard - so good luck to him, but actually Damian Sironen might be a better long term prospect for us because he looks like he could be fitter and more mobile if he trains hard, and we also have the Saifiti twins improving every game, with Daniel averaging well over 150 metres and 25 or so tackles in recent weeks, and those guys make Vaivai look like a fat dwarf in comparison.

He has potential but is a very flawed footballer and the interchange changes will make players like him less attractive to many coaches. The Warriors are reportedly letting a heap of players go I think we could pick up a better player than Vai vai by chasing some of those guys.

We all know Houston will have his spot over the Saifiti twins, Sironen, Yates and Fitzgibbon. Let's be real here. :fist::fist::fist:

Well it may be the best thing for Patricke. Seeing Joey Leulia turn out for the Raiders Monday night, he has lost kilos and looks ultra trim compared to the slug he was here.

He's still got a year or 2 to go on his contract and the club has acknowledged we're in need of front rowers so I doubt we'd even be considering letting him go unless we've got someone better lined up.

He's still got a year or 2 to go on his contract and the club has acknowledged we're in need of front rowers so I doubt we'd even be considering letting him go unless we've got someone better lined up.
100%, something has to happen now Vaivai looks all but gone.

Back