Rumour: Greg Bird to the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by 88Knight4life, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Would you like Greg Bird to join Knights?

1. Yes definitely

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No thanks

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Unsure

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

In 2008, he was de-registered by the NRL and forced to spend a year with Catalans Dragons after being found guilty of glassing his then girlfriend.
    He was sentenced to eight months' jail, but the conviction was subsequently quashed by an appeal judge.
    Last year he was given a “final warning” by the Titans and stripped of the club captaincy for urinating on a police car during his wedding celebrations, then appeared certain to be sacked after he was charged with supplying cocaine.
    The charges were eventually dropped because of a lack of evidence.
    On the field, the 31-year-old has also repeatedly found himself in strife with the authorities.
    Two suspensions in 2016 for illegalities took him to a career tally of 31 weeks on the sidelines, which makes him the NRL’s most-suspended current player.
    The Titans said they believed Bird was the only Gold Coast player being investigated by the integrity unit.
    They described the unit's investigation as "ongoing".
    "The club can ... confirm investigations by the integrity unit into a separate matter in northern NSW last weekend are ongoing," the Titans statement said.
    "To the best of the club's knowledge, Greg Bird is the only Titans player under review by the integrity unit at this stage."
    In an online Newcastle Herald poll on Wednesday, 58 per cent of recipients said the Knights should not try to sign Bird.

No Thanks.... even with his off field crap he is the NRL's most suspended player ...don't want him teaching that to our young guys either ....

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

So there was an article in the Herald this morning saying the Titans are keen to ditch Bird and an article in the Tele saying that, unless there is a "smoking gun", the Knights are still keen to sign him.
    We might even get a few dollars back from the Tits after we subsidized Roberts for so long.

3. Tma1990

Tma1990 Peter Malcolm

With this drama , the Titans are probably keen to let him go now and I'd say unless manly stuff things up for us we ll get him cheaper then what we would have 2 months ago

4. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

I'm not really ok with it but these days the pressure of success conquers all

5. Tubby

Tubby Steve Southern

If your kid wants to go get in fights on the drink because he saw his favourite footy player do it then you probably failed them as a parent

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Brilliant response Tubbs, about time someone had common sense in relation to this.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    If my 2 and 3 year old girls tried that I'd have cause for concern.

- - - Updated - - -

88s stamp of approval.

8. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Clearly since i was the one whom started the Greg Bird thread before there was even a sniff in the media..

I honestly couldnt care less about what he does in his OWN time, if only the media had some real actors to chase around in this country! then half the crap nrl players get upto would never be known to the public.

9. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

So all of a sudden how our players conduct themselves off the field does'nt matter anymore as long as they play well ....My 2 kids arnt old enough to go getting on the drink but does that mean I want them watching and yelling for a guy that bashed a girl with a glass and heaps more things then the answer is NO and if you want your kids yelling for this scumbag then you probably failed them as a parent ....

- - - Updated - - -

If you dont care what players do in they're own time then never expect to get any TPA's because people backing the club with big money will care and it will cost us sponsors too....

10. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

All posts relating to those allegations have been taken down

Just a reminder guys to be careful when posting as posts like that can lead to legal action against the Forum and Individuals

Thanks

11. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Well back on topic.. 1... Bird wont give his all to a club he hates he will just come for the payday and... 2 ...the club has had enough scandals the last few years and the Damage Bird could do , could be devastating and not worth the risk imo.

12. Billy

And yet, there is post after post in this thread claiming Bird is guilty of assaulting his girlfriend - despite all charges being dismissed on appeal - which is why papers never mention it - because they could be sued.

13. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

He was found guilty and sentenced to 8 mths i think he appealed and she dropped the charges....So he was found guilty ...

14. Tma1990

Tma1990 Peter Malcolm

I'd say he is more likely to go to manly now. Just a hunch

15. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.
    Good.

16. Billy

He appealed the sentence and won the appeal. That means not guilty. Anyone claiming he is guilty is wide open to being sued, which is why the papers don't mention it.

17. Tma1990

Tma1990 Peter Malcolm

I was really keen to get him but now I think we are just going to be paying overs for someone who late into the contract will be well past it. Come the 3rd year he'll be holding up a huge chunk of the cap and not performing , sounds familiar to the situation we're in now doesn't it ?... Best way to be sucsessful in this comp is to have players on 200k playing like 500k players not the other way around like we have done for 2 years

18. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    There has been Bird to Newcastle rumours for years.

19. ryan.berger.56

ryan.berger.56 Todd Bates

Yet no big rumours despite this forum and toohey linking bird here lately that I've seen. I've seen a bit about Rory and Jamie but nothing on bird

20. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well ryan ask yourself this; who absolutely believed he was coming so much if Birdy does not arrive he is quitting the forums?