Rumour: Greg Bird to the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by 88Knight4life, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Would you like Greg Bird to join Knights?

1. Yes definitely

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No thanks

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. Unsure

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Will never learn and as he gets older will get a chip on the shoulder regarding young guys. Leopards just can't change their spots.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Just like most other nrl player member,

His contracted by the Titans whom are not keen on releasing him... so his doing what has worked for many others... get in trouble then get released then sign a new fat contracts elsewhere.

Do i like it... NO.... but its how the players these days get around there contract.. jjust like Boyd.

4. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's on north of $500k at the Titans for 2017, he'll be taking a pay-cut if they sack him.

5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We need a mongrel like Bird to bring out the aggression in our young forwards.
    The Saifiti brothers were pretty restrained this year, but you can see they have a lot of mongrel in them, just waiting to come out.
    Sione is a powerful guy who has kind of learnt to keep his mongrel under control, because in the juniors he used to hurt guys when he got too aggressive. He needs to get in touch with his inner mongrel.
    Barnett and Sims are both would be hard men, but their minds write cheques their bodies can't cash. Put them into a pack that is all getting down and dirty though, and they could fit in.

If the 20 year olds, Jake, Dan and Sione, follow the lead of Bird and get angry, and Barnett and Sims get in on the act, we can have a very aggressive pack - which would be good to see.

The off field stuff, I don't care about. Footballers have always been young guys who act like ****s at times. The guys who play for my local lower hunter second division side are much worse than Bird, and I've never seen any of them on the front page of the telegraph, explaining why they always seem to need to **** in the pub carpark instead of the toilets.

6. 88Knight4life

Yeah right.

Mate we are in no position to ask players to play for less to be a knight... maybe 12yrs ago when there job was made easier by having 10 other gun players in the team

- - - Updated - - -

Whats ur opinions on the chief?

Love him?
    Hate him?
    Wish he never wore a knights jersey?

7. BrianWilson

BrianWilson Default?

I don't know the details or proof of that BUT yes, same opinion for any player, don't care how good you are, what you did for the club, whether you're captain of Australia or #17 in 20's.

8. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Your narrative is not logical. There is zero chance this is a stunt to force his way out of the Titans and 100% chance he is stupid when on the drink. If he is sacked he is definitely costing himself money.

When he was under contract at the Titans at 500k he had all the leverage and could extract more money from the Knights than if he is sacked and has no interest from other teams. The way McGuigan is talking he might not even get an offer from the Knights.

9. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

We can choose not to put a scumbag woman basher in the side though cant we .....

10. 88Knight4life

Firstly IS UNDER CONTRACT. Not was.

Logical?

Slots ur clever enough to know how this game works.

Take those knights are the greatest goggles off.

Thats be honest...We would be lucky to sign Bird or anyone with some kind of class.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah mate we can choose to not sign him!

But the problem is, no one is interested in coming here that has the tallent on the field that bird brings.

11. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Putting my opinions of his on field value aside, I do think Bird gets a bad wrap in the media these days. The big thing was the glassing incident years ago which was obviously disgraceful. But since then, he's what, ****ed between some cars, in an effort to find somewhere private to ****, admittedly pretty dumb to **** next to a cop car, next thing you know, OMG GREG BIRD URINATES ON POLICE CAR all over the media. I highly doubt that was his intention. And now he's got drunk a few times after a long season & been asked to leave some places as many people are. The guy obviously likes a drink a bit too much, but he ain't out of the ordinary whatsoever. The one thing that did seem legitimately concerning was the cocaine scandal, just not enough evidence for charges.

12. Tma1990

Tma1990 Peter Malcolm

I know there role models but they are human , who hasn't been refused service at a pub a few times before

13. Billy

I've never understood this role models thing.
    Football players are mostly boofheads - always have been.
    If a young person looks at them as a role model, i'd counsel them to have another think.
    It's a weird, modern day, media construct to consider football players of any code as people who should be role models. English soccer players, American basketballers, AFL players - all dropkicks by an large.

14. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Testosterone junkies as it were. I haven't been refused service anywhere sadly, not even once!

If I owned a pub and saw Birdie coming he would be refused entry again. Better safe than sorry.

15. 88Knight4life

U would have to refuse half the town then member, plenty of d heads worse then bird that walk into pubs.

P.S that arrogance would lead u to being broke in months, lucky u dont own a pub i guess

16. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I dunno about role models but surely sponsors who tip in large amounts of cash wouldn't be to fussed seeing an imbecile represent their product.

17. Billy

They don't want the bad publicity, but they wouldn't care less if it never hit the papers.
    The only reason every trivial incident hits the papers these days is because the papers are in their death throws and they need to **** the life out of everything they can in the desperate hope of selling another few papers.
    In a few years all the papers will be dead and buried, and we can stop making mountains out of molehills every time a player has a slash behind a car or gets baited by a drunken fool.

18. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Slash behind a car, get's baited by a drunken fool and/or glasses his girlfriend.

19. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    You can always tell someone who hasn't had much to do with small children in their life.

20. moony

moony Ben Rogers

Good player but has a bad rep for being suspended and for off field incidents. Give him a contract to play for the knights but don't throw a bucket load of cash at him. Remind where he comes from, and how he got his start to begin with. He is a knights junior who left the club at the end of 2001 to join Cronulla.