Round 8: Newcastle Knights vs NZ Warriors

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Geez players being responsible for there own effort and attitudes.
Here i was thinking thats the coaches job :sleep:

Funny Finch just saying he had a chat with Pearce a few weeks back, Pearce himself was saying he was worrying about too much about the whole team and not focussing on his own game.

I never said it was coaches job to get players focused on their own game. What I have said about Brown over the 5 game losing streak is he does not seem able to get the team up for games.

On the game, Ponga didn't connect with the trip at all, should not be charged.

So 8 rounds in, 5 games against teams of which are top 8 and the other 3 bottom of us. Bulldogs hames has to be a no contest and we really have to put them to the sword to put us right back into it.

Great game from our boys. Thought our forwards were dominant and our backs did a good job with the early carries. Pearce controlled the game well, Ponga was brilliant at popping up when he needed to.
For those concerned about our reshuffle when Mann came on, don't forget next week won't be nearly as major a shuffle because Ramien will be back. Next week it'll be a simple: Levi off, Mann to 6 and Watson to 9. I'd let Watson stay defending at 6 and allow Mann to defend in the middle. Minimal changes.
Do we all think King comes up out of the team next week for Ramien? I thought his attack was good but his defence is still quite soft, numerous times I counted he should've wrapped up the legs to stop the post contact metres and he did a poor job. However probably his best game I can remember for quite some time.

Might've got 50 but for some home crowd penalties

Yeah refs blowing penalties every time the Warriors were down totally wasn't a stitch up. And Inglis is a QLDer

Anyway getting the W is the most important part. Team never really looked like losing despite a scrappy second half.

Great game. Leave the spine now. Mann for Levi straight up for 20 mins tops a game. Would still pick Buhrer at 14. He was good again today and offers more. King drops off for me. Ese Ese did almost double the meters with similar number of runs 10 mins less. Gavet stays too. Not sure who goes to bench out of Barny and Sione. Attitude against Dogs cannot be like it was several weeks ago.

So 8 rounds in, 5 games against teams of which are top 8 and the other 3 bottom of us. Bulldogs hames has to be a no contest and we really have to put them to the sword to put us right back into it.

Bulldogs are much improved this year. It's a danger game for us. If we turn up complacent after a couple good games, they'll take us to school, much like we did against the Eels who seemed similarly complacent after flogging the Tigers.

What makes me more confident about the Knights than I have been in the last 12 years is that, as well as they played today, I think they can play better.

When they have played well in the past it has seemed they had to play their best to reach that level.

This is the best team we have had since Joey retired. And we could still improve in a few positions.

With time they will improve and hopefully Brown turns out to be a good coach.

Funny Finch just saying he had a chat with Pearce a few weeks back, Pearce himself was saying he was worrying about too much about the whole team and not focussing on his own game.

I never said it was coaches job to get players focused on their own game. What I have said about Brown over the 5 game losing streak is he does not seem able to get the team up for games.

On the game, Ponga didn't connect with the trip at all, should not be charged.

So the last 2 weeks, What's your thoughts on Brown?
Besides seeing the handful of players actually having a attitude change and following the game plan.

David Klemmer first in the NRL for post contact metres charge downs and hit ups as well as second for metres gained.

Ponga 5th for most goals and points scored.

Been so long since we have seen the Knights up the top of key stats across the competition.

David Klemmer first in the NRL for post contact metres charge downs and hit ups as well as second for metres gained.

Been so long since we have seen the Knights up the top of key stats across the competition.
Normally have someone pretty high in missed tackles

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

One of the commentators said today that we were the best in the comp at limiting offloads. Which is a massive improvement from the past were we never seem to be able to wrap the ball up.

One of the commentators said today that we were the best in the comp at limiting offloads. Which is a massive improvement from the past were we never seem to be able to wrap the ball up.

Yeah I heard that as well. Massive turnaround.

We actually have 4 or 5 spare players next week.
Ramien, Moga, Buhrer, Saulo, Lino, Jones all look as good as they'll get for next week, and Jake Saifiti is only a week or two short.
Ramien has to come in if fully over his injury - the rest will have to wait for someone else to be injured I suppose.

Back