ROUND 6 - NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS vs CRONULLA SHARKS

What is your predicted score in this game?

• Knights 13 +

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Knights 1 - 12

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Sharks. 1 - 12

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sharks. 13 +

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Well, he’s getting old, as I’ve said. That’s why he’s getting a pay cut next year. I also said he’s been overpaid his whole career already so I don’t know who you’re arguing with here.

I’m not out here as the bloke’s biggest fan. I would have preferred we go after Matt Burton to partner Clifford if we were going to sign halves well ahead of time, or otherwise hold off on nabbing either and opportunistically get after players like AReyn this year. But by the same token, if we pushed Pearce out of the club and had to make do with the likes of Crossland in the 7 for a lot of games this season, I think you’d start to miss Pearcey fairly quickly lmao.

So are you suggesting Pearce has just popped up after a break someone else put on to deliver a last pass, 220 times?

Nah mate, im say from watching him at the Knights he has been pretty average. Im not interested in what he did with Roosters.

Dont care if he is getting old, thats an excuse, he is paid to perform.

Not sure where I or slots said Pearce should be pushed out of the club. You brought that up.

Also not interested in getting in to some pedantic debate with you.

I’d get rid of him tbh! haha

If we could find a decent replacement, of course (big if, although our recruitment seems to have a bit more pulling power these days).

Also not interested in getting in to some pedantic debate with you.
Sorry, when you pedantically picked out one thing I said to have a go at it, I somehow got the impression that you did. I don’t know how I could have been so foolish. 😂

Incidentally, a strike rate of about 6 assists for every 10 games during his Knights career is a little above average for a starting half in the NRL. It puts him ahead of more guys than you’d think. So I stand by my statement that he’s “pretty good” at putting on tries 100%. He’s just not amazing, like you’d expect of a guy you’re paying $1 million. I think we all agree on that.

G there is money coming in for us. I just hope we can get a win and get the season going and jagg another win against the better sides

Actually a good time to get the roosters. And Raiders are beatable. Penrith are flying obviously and probably no chance

Mulitalo out for Sharks tomorrow night. They’ve got a backrower in at centre and 5/8th in at wing.

Sharks by 40+ 😂

How are we favorites for this game honestly.....we have been crap and sharks have actually been travelling pretty good, they have looked much better than we have.....

Players playing out of position for them can only mean we will get our pants pulled down.

How are we favorites for this game honestly.....we have been crap and sharks have actually been travelling pretty good, they have looked much better than we have.....

Players playing out of position for them can only mean we will get our pants pulled down.

The Sharks are missing half their side and have a caretaker coach.

Need a win this week to take some confidence into the next few rounds. Panthers are clearly there for the taking judging by todays game.

This doesn’t feel like a “McGregor one final game in charge, fired up Dragons win” situation like we saw last year. Feels more like the Sharks playing group is very disillusioned and will throw in the towel easily.

With only three players out injured now we have no excuses.

Expecting a Sharks win though. 😒

If we are serious we should win and win comfortably. Result should be 40-6 but I can see it being sharks 34 - knights 4.

Agree with you here, can only see a sharks victory.

My confidence is totally shot with our team, don't know which one will rock up.

Back