Round 3: Newcastle Knights vs Penrith Panthers

What is your prediction for this game ??

  • Knights 13+

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Knights 1-12

    Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Draw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers 1-12

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Panthers 13+

    Votes: 1 5.6%

  • Total voters
    18
  • Poll closed .
It was nice to hear that Penrith gave up their allocated home ground seats reserved for their own and gave it to the families of the knights debutants who couldn’t attend for obvious reasons which they knew about beforehand.
Nice gesture from them I must admit

Even more surprising that Foxsports posted about it (after hearing about it from Baz first, of course)

Must have been filling out their quota of one nice article a month.
 
Something I noticed in the panthers game, and I be interested to see if it is a set style OB has implemented, is that when attacking our line and there was clear ball movement out to our flanks, centre/winger jamming in hard on opposition centre/winger to shut down play, but at the same time we had players moving around the back of our defence to cover the wing if the jam in failed.

I can't recall seeing that under Brown. Generally once the ball moved past a player they let whatever happened out on the wing happen. Clocked off really.

Or we would see the centre jam in leaving the winger stranded and and ineffective D.

The commentators referred to it when the Panthers tried a Gruber through.
 
Back
Top