Round 19: Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers

Defense just not up to it tonight, needs to be some changes on the right edge.
Pearce has really dropped off in the last month.
I'm amazed how little we use Ponga in attack. He makes something happen everytime he gets good ball in space yet we dont set up for it often enough

Classic ****ing Newcastle performance. Had the chance to stand up and play for former players like Hughsey and Dureau who are battling at the moment and we sh*t the bed yet again. We’ve been embarrassed by crap teams like the Dogs and Tigers and now lost our spot in the 8. I can’t even with this team man.

I didn’t think it was possible but I hate Perenara and Klein even more after tonight. Send them flogs to the sea.

WAKE ME UP WHEN WE MAKE THE FINALS AGAIN.

Pearce has gone back to his round 1-4 performances.
Big fan of Levi, had a good first 15 minutes, but he looked completely buggered by the 20th. Not good enough fitness to be stuffed that early.
D.Saf finally showing us what he can do, easily his best game this year. Please keep up this intensity.

Look I get it , smaller blokes - faster line speed, but surely Brownie must now realise they can’t sustain it for longer than 20min spurts.
Tigers don’t have that big a pack and we still couldn’t roll them.
For us to threaten in upcoming games Brownie should put on our biggest and most experienced pack - they will lay the platform for our genuine play makers and breakers

I don't disagree mate. I was responding to comments as to Levi, Buhrer and Watson being on the field together.

If it were round 1 and you didn't know anything about the two sides, you'd think they were 2 decent sides having a pretty good contest.

Line up will be interesting next week . Just watched the presser browny reckons he is wielding the axe and some up the players should hang there head in shame with what they dished up tonight .

Jamie Buhrer picked ahead of JSaf.....13 minutes
Herman best game of year as a starter playing 70mins. Tonight(again) twenty odd minutes from bench.
Gavet 35 minutes from bench. Couldn't hold the geriatric Benji back. See herman's minutes in comparison.
Tim Glasby 50 minutes as opposed to Sione on 1 leg fro 80 mins.
Levi put back on with 4.42 to go. Why ? Don't tell me he was buggered. Played 80 first game back from injury.
Watson 1 of the fittest around. 54 minutes.

Yea Brown has some idea.

I disagree. The Cowboys in 2017 finished 8th and made it to the grand final. The only teams who can't make it there are those outside of the 8, and given that it was only 2017 when we received the spoon, I'll be happy if we make the 8 at all this year.
Its a tough ask to do that these days and didn't cowboys get smashed on grand final day 38-8?
Are we happy to make 8th by points D/a and be a mid table team, this squad on paper is a gun team it was great when we sitting on 5th spot soo long this year only to let it slip
Hope Browny makes me it my own words really do

Line up will be interesting next week . Just watched the presser browny reckons he is wielding the axe and some up the players should hang there head in shame with what they dished up tonight .
Why wouldn’t you make the call last week after we get pumped by 40??? Brown is a muppet

Pearce has gone back to his round 1-4 performances.
Big fan of Levi, had a good first 15 minutes, but he looked completely buggered by the 20th. Not good enough fitness to be stuffed that early.
D.Saf finally showing us what he can do, easily his best game this year. Please keep up this intensity.
Yeah we just need a clone of him to use. Wait....

I'm not sure why we're not playing 6. Watson 9. Levi. Will give Levi a longer stint in the middle with Watson around to help out, and then just move Watson to 9 if Levi is done.

I said it after last seek, I don't like blaming individuals, but Mann went from disgraceful to disgusting! In saying that the effort beyond the first 10 minutes from the entire team was absolutely horrendous! The refereeing, especially from Perrenara was nothing short of biased and disgusting! That being said we as a team, weren't a team! We have significant attitude problems! As Blocker said at half time "they just don't seem to have any resilience", this is my first strike on Brown! I have always supported him but the lack of desire tonight was very telling! They look tired, I ask myself are they over trained??? Maybe they aren't all on the same page??? That performance was despicable and whatever way you look at it, this team isn't playing for the coach, or in a lot of instances each other! Brown is paddling and needs to start to dig up! He is not getting the best out of his best??? Clock is ticking..........

Back