Round 14: Newcastle Knights vs Melbourne Storm

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jun 8, 2019.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Jun 15, 2019.
  1. Knights 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Knights 1-12

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Storm 1-12

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. Storm 13+

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think freddy was pretty happy with him after the Roosters game, the Souths game would have him high on the radar now, if he stands tall again vs the storm id be very surprised not to see him mentioned or named in the 18.
    Think freddy needs some experience off the bench and starting.
    Dan has it imo.

2. krustykraz

krustykraz Anthony Quinn

The team needs 2 more props I reckon.
    One to start and replace Klem & one extra on the bench.

3. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

100% agree. He has done enough as it is. Walked over the 2 best forward packs in the comp over the past 2 weeks. Continue that vs the benchmark side of the comp and he would almost have to be in the 18. if not in the 17

4. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Dan and Finucane would be solid for me!

Ak-47, Jaybro and 88Knight4life like this.
  5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Dale is a class player, cant believe his name has been forgotten the past few years.
    Hits like a truck in D to, something the blues lacked massively.

Jaybro and Joshhh like this.
  6. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We’ve got a big advantage on our left side with our left edge attack. The Storm’s right edge is very vulnerable especially if Croft is defending 3 in.

Have Ponga running at them all day with Fitzy off his hip and we will definitely get some points out of it.

I’m pretty confident about this one. If we hold our own in the middle Pearce and Ponga will have too many points for them.

Wobbles and 88Knight4life like this.
  7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    I hope none of our players get picked foer the dumb, stoopid SOO.crap.

Are you guys really happy Klem is out for 4-6 weeks?

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Yeup you fellas have hit the nail in the head, out left side attack targeting Kaufusi, Croft & Seve is where it’s at. I’m sure that Croft and Kaufusi must hate each other because it looks like they’ve never spoken a word, they seem so out of sync.

Hard to judge who should play 5/8 out of Mann or Lino, Kurt has done a good job but I think it’s pretty clear Lino has a higher ceiling. Really hard one to call and I wouldn’t be surprised if Brown picks Lino in the bench and rotates Mann into hooker at some point, he doesn’t seem to mind moving his spine around mid game.

Despite our big wins over the two big Sydney sides this game is definitely our biggest test, Storm will be full strength and we’re missing Klemmer. Our attack will need to be on its game against the best defence on the comp.

9. knightime

knightime Matthew Rodwell

I'd be surprised if Croft is picked for this game. I think they'll go with Hughes at 7 and Papenhuyzen at 1. Croft might be 14 or in reggies.

10. krustykraz

krustykraz Anthony Quinn

Yea I was thinking the same thing.
    They went good with that combo on the weekend once Croft went off.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

For a player like Klem, there is probably not a lot they will learn from an Origin series at their experience level. It's a shame he got injured, but he can get injured in any game, or training even. Can't wrap them in cotton wool.

For a player like Dan to get picked for an Origin and experience that level of footy, get to learn from other forwards and players not at our club but at that level of footy would be a fantastic learning experience. Invaluable.

At least we don't play city V country and have the NSW boys bash each other up right before Origin these days.

Tasgirl, Wobbles, Lefty and 1 other person like this.
  12. EASBay17

EASBay17 Matt Parsons

heading down thursday for a few days, can anyone recomend a good pre match venue in close proximity to aami park? havnt been down there for nearly 10 years and from memory there wasnt to much near aami park. tia

13. Ak-47

Ak-47 Tony Townsend

Sounds good to me, thinking about SOO now after I calm down lol, 2 solid props and just play the same intensity QLD had and should be fine no need to chop player after game 1 loss.
    Plus I like for Pearce playing for Knights he owes nothing to NSW and their Jurnos/critics(just me been selfish hahah)
    As for this weeks game we always play our best footy against Storm so should be a great game to watch;)

14. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

People like Origin, get over it. Yeah it sucks Klemmer is out, but that's the risk you take by signing Origin players or in other words, high quality players that can make your side a premiership contender.

Defender1 likes this.
  15. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

This is why something needs to be done about Origin and when it’s played.

16. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I think Origin would almost die if you moved it. I feel like not as many people would care about it if it was after the season. I just see it as part of the drama & theatre of the NRL season. It's a great leveller & you get to see how teams cope & get through that period then into the finals, who can make a run through that time, who falters. Whoever wins the premiership has the pride of being able to get through all that adversity. There's no way I'd be moving Origin or stopping the comp for it or anything like that.

Wobbles likes this.
  17. knightime

knightime Matthew Rodwell

I think it's a great way to even out the playing field. Teams travelling very well when Origin arrives usually have more players out, so it allows the teams out of form to challenge for some added points during that period.

That said, I think Origin should stay when it is but the regular games be scrapped for that week. I just don't find them nearly as entertaining to watch, particularly when Origin is usually 2-3 days earlier. Move Origin to the Friday or Saturday night of those weeks and make it the centrepiece for that week.

Wobbles likes this.
  18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Origin is the jewel in the crown of rugby league. If anything, we should throw a lot more at making it a sporting iconic event. It’s already bigger than anything other than maybe the Melbourne cup or the Boxing Day test, but we could make it bigger. Getting rid of origin would be like English soccer deciding to get rid of the FA cup final because all those fans are annoying.

Ethan and Joshhh like this.
  19. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    NRL needs to bite the bullet and have a months shut down for it, do some pacific island tests ect, mid part of the comp is a waste thanks to SOO.

20. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

You can’t shut the comp down for a month unless you supplement it with something else.

One idea is that we shut it down and play a knockout competition since we have the perfect amount of numbers for a 4 week knockout comp.

Not sure anyone will actually be interested in it but it’s a way to keep the competition unaffected by origin whilst also providing another trophy to play for