Round 11: Newcastle Knights vs Sydney Roosters

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roosters 1-12

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Roosters 13+

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell me Kurriboy do you honestly think we missed anything with Watson at dummy half when Levi was injured?

I think we missed Levi's alertness around the ruck and his smarts between the ears watching the markers and getting easy metres, which often leads to a penalty for us when the D has to hold down too long to get their line set, either off his tackle or the next.

But no, in this particular game I thought Watson did a fantastic job. I think we need to keep in mind as great as this game was, it was against a Roosters outfit missing 3 regular spine players counting Keary going out within 10 minutes. That will take the sting out of any sides attack.

Tell me Member, your lining up for a do or die semi final, you have Levi there fit and ready, or Watson, who are you selecting to start the 9 position and play 60 minutes of the game?

I know who I am picking, it ain't Watson.

Watson's role is the super sub, it plain for most to see.

Watson probably had his very best effort as a dummy half yesterday, and his runs were very good, but he still only did 20 tackles, most of them as 2nd or 3rd tackler, had Levi or Mann doing about half the time at dummy half between them, had Pearce and Ponga doing a lot of dummy half to take the pressure off him, and a lot of his passes were pretty sloppy.
And that was in a game where we dominated possession and our defence wasn't tested as much as it could have been.
In a perfect world I think he would do 20 or 30 minutes and go as hard as he could, and Levi would do the same for 50 or 60. More than 40 minutes would only happen if others took on a lot of his work - like the Roosters were doing for Radley when he was proving he isn't a hooker yesterday.

I'd like to see what Griffin brings to the table with a team in form like ours is atm.
But Levi current form would definitely be first picked for the 9 atm.

Griffin may get his shot, but he has a long road ahead. His "Return" may be mid season to late season, but he won't be ready for first grade for a fair while after. He will need to play his way back through reserves.

And with the team firing as it is now, Levi deserves the spot and Griffin will need to take it from him. No handing him it like Brown has already done in the past.

Griffin may get his shot, but he has a long road ahead. His "Return" may be mid season to late season, but he won't be ready for first grade for a fair while after. He will need to play his way back through reserves.

And with the team firing as it is now, Levi deserves the spot and Griffin will need to take it from him. No handing him it like Brown has already done in the past.

This is obvious.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but JWH has been charged for his tackle on Ponga and should miss 2 weeks because of carry over points, and also Pearce took a groin injury into the game and won't train next week, but should be OK for our next game.
Keary has been ruled out of origin, but it sounds like Pearce is out too.

I think if Griffin makes it back with fitness, he'd probably fill the 14 tbh with both in the team. Watson and Mann are playing well enough but their positions are more under threat than Levi at the moment, particularly as Griffin can cover back row, lock etc. Hoping Levi isn't out too long and remains fit, and he'll be straight back in you'd think.

Great win by the boys very happy I made the trip up the M1 !!!

I’ve been a very harsh critic of Watson, but I’ve always stood firm that I believe his best position is hooker. I feel vindicated after this performance.

He might not be able to get out 80 minutes defending in the middle right now, but he’ll get there. A dummy half combo of Levi & Watson sounds good to me!!!

Not sure what that means for Slade sadly once he comes back

Levi has been playing good footy but only for the last 5 or 6 weeks not before that before , those weeks he deserved lynching .

The above two comments are my response. You can't lynch a player when the whole side is playing rubbish.

The commentators say Pearce's turn around was what sparked the team, that was from the Parra game. I would say it was a joint effort between Pearce, Levi and Ponga that turned the team around in that Parra game and got the team on the up.

The above two comments are my response. You can't lynch a player when the whole side is playing rubbish.

The commentators say Pearce's turn around was what sparked the team, that was from the Parra game. I would say it was a joint effort between Pearce, Levi and Ponga that turned the team around in that Parra game and got the team on the up.
That's just it though we weren't playing rubbish . We won our first game that we were supposed to lose , we lost the next 3 by what 10 points all up . One of those too Saints by 1 point and they were touted as a top 4 team , then wasn't it 8 points to Manly and then we got towelled up by the Titans …
We weren't playing that bad and with what 7 debutants imo people have been way too hard on the team ...The only team to towel us up were the titans the rest were close things for a clunky team who hadn't smoothed out like they have now ...

That's just it though we weren't playing rubbish . We won our first game that we were supposed to lose , we lost the next 3 by what 10 points all up . One of those too Saints by 1 point and they were touted as a top 4 team , then wasn't it 8 points to Manly and then we got towelled up by the Titans …
We weren't playing that bad and with what 7 debutants imo people have been way too hard on the team ...The only team to towel us up were the titans the rest were close things for a clunky team who hadn't smoothed out like they have now ...

The teams that were beating us were clunky themselves. Which is why we didn't get towelled up by them as well. The titans were the first team we ran in to that were playing well and they did give us the hiding we deserved, and I am glad they did so the team could face the reality of how they were playing, rubbish.

It's easy to hid behind the "we are only just getting beaten" excuse.

Back