FoxSports Live from 5.30pm
Toyota Cup Knights v Bulldogs 2.30pm *Live on FoxSports*

Referees: TBA
Touch Judges: TBA
Video Referee: TBA

TICKETS - INFORMATION & PURCHASING HERE

lineupcopy.jpg

TBA - Tuesday afternoon

Bulldogs Line Up:1. Luke Patten 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris, 4, Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley 8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson 11. Yileen Gordon 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg.

Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Gary Warburton 16. Jarrad Hickey 17. Ben Barba

All Discussion on the game in this thread - Pre Match (First Try Scorer, Predictions) Live Scores & Post Match Thoughts.

Bulldogs have announced their side already so lets get this discussion going!

Knights Win: 18-16
FTS: Josh Morris
LTS: Cooper Vuna
MOTM: Jarrod Mullen

I'm pumped for this game!

Knights Win 10-8
FTS: Junior Sau
LTS: Luke Patten
MOTM: Jarrod Mullen

Dogs will be tough with fullstrength team.

About time we had a saturday afternoon game. Hopefully its not too hot. Ill be there 100%.

Knights 20 Bulldogs 16

Fts: Luke Pattern
Lts: Cory Paterson
Motm: Cory Paterson

Crowd will be around 20,000

taia ready for round 1

by michelle smit
newcastleknights.com
monday, 8 march 2010

00006297-image.jpg

the knights' forward pack is looking strong with zeb taia and mark taufua to be named in the team for saturday night by head coach rick stone.

zeb taia (with the ball) at today's group skills training session. While the official team announcement will not be made until tuesday afternoon, newcastleknights.com can reveal that both taia and taufua will take to the field against the bulldogs for the first round of the telstra premiership.

Taia returns from a shoulder reconstruction after he injured his right shoulder during last year's round 25 loss to the canberra raiders.

According to newcastle knights' rehabilitation coordinator anthony ingram, taia's recovery has been on track with the club's schedule.

"zeb has achieved all that we set out for him in his rehab program and he looks good for the start of the season," ingram said.

A consistent presence in the second row last year, taia is aiming for bigger and better for 2010.

"last year was a big year for me and i just have to continue on with it," said taia.

"i'm really confident at the moment, i've been getting through the sessions and doing a lot of contact on the shoulder.

"i am definitely trying to repeat what i did last year and am looking foward to the season."

mark taufua is expected to be named at lock after a promising off season, leaving a few places up in the air.

Supporters are eagerly awaiting the team announcement to see who will be the first starters, particularly which knight will be pulling on the number 9 jersey.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=23147&taia-ready-for-round-1

Has Taufua ever played lock? This could be risky.

Edit: Surely Matty Hilder would start at lock wouldn't he? Taufua on the bench & Taia in 2row would be a much better team wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Taufua played lock early last year against manly i think. His main position is lock/second row.

I agree, it's siilly Hilder isn't starting.

Last edited:
I can't believe its Round 1 time already, quickest offseason ever! :)

Knights by 6

Gotta love round 1, every team starts fresh so there's no idea what to expect.

While I admit I'd be surprised if we pulled off a big win, I'd just be happy to see the boys have a real dig and start the season with positive notes.

Knights Win!
26 - 14.
FTS - Junior Sau.
LTS - Zeb Taia.
MOTM - Jarrod Mullen

We need consistent players to be in our match.

Do you all seriously believe the Knights are going to win this game? Really?
I think we will get done. Hopefully not by too much, but it'll be good to see them have a run.

Has Taufua ever played lock? This could be risky.

Edit: Surely Matty Hilder would start at lock wouldn't he? Taufua on the bench & Taia in 2row would be a much better team wouldn't it?

taufua played lock against melbourne in 08 when we won 17-16 he dominated that game from memory smashing everyone of melbournes forwards he has a great offload and passing ability plus this is a big call but he could play burgess style of footy

This game will be a challenge for the Dogs they are being told by everyone that the Knights don't stand a chance and are going to fail every test thrown at them this year.

I think we can win this and I am going to write down how we are going to win on a piece of paper now, I will share this with everyone on Sunday or Saturday night.

To give you a clue look at the Dogs team sheet...................... yes you can see how as well can't you.

On that note we should win 24-16

Maybe with taufua playing lock that means that hilder is likely to start at hooker

Cant wait for this weekend, FOOTYS FINALY BACK, I will be watching every game as well this weekend.

GO KNIGHTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we will get done. Hopefully not by too much, but it'll be good to see them have a run.

Same. Whilst it's great to be positive... I'd be just happy with a positive performance. The Bulldogs will be very difficult, I can't see us winning this one.

Knights 25
Bulldogs 18
FTS: Morris
LTS:Mullen
MOTM:De Gois

I Think that when Gidley is healthy he start at fullback with Peter Mata Utai on the bench and just after half time Kurt Moves to the Halves with Peter at Fullback What you guys think??????????????????????????????

Yes I think we will win and I always do.

Yes I think we will win and I always do.
I used to feel exactly the same way...I had no respect for any of our opponents...I even felt contempt for some of them, like we could beat them all on the same day!...

Back