Round 1 2023 Side

Reading about this preseason comp, the first game will be a huge squad with unlimited interchange, and then the squads and interchanges get smaller every game.
We will see some interesting tactics.

The side I want not the side that will be selected:

1 Miller
2 Marzhew
3 Best
4 Mapa
5 Young
6 Ponga
7 Hastings
8 DSaf
9 Brailey
10 JSaf
11 Frizell
12 Fitzgibbon
13 Elliot

14 Gamble
15 Hetherington
16 Thompson
17 Jones

18 Johns
Gagai will be in the team somewhere

Reading about this preseason comp, the first game will be a huge squad with unlimited interchange, and then the squads and interchanges get smaller every game.
Up to 15 points for a win

Interesting attacking incentive

it will be no different to any other preaseason, 1 trial with a massive squad with fringe guys playing the bulk of minutes followed by a 2nd trial with the top 17 playing 40-50 minutes. the NRL can try and dress it up how they want but nothing will change from the clubs perspective.

1Lachlan Miller
2Greg Marzhew
3Bradman Best
4Dane Gagai
5Dom Young
6Kayln Ponga
7Jackson Hastings
8Daniel Saifiti
9Jayden Brailey
10Jacob Saifiti
11Tyson Frizell
12Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13Adam Elliot
14Kurt Mann
15Jack Hetherington
16Leo Thompson
17Jack Johns
18Tyson Gamble
Personally id go gamble over mann and crocker for johns.

If we don't actually get miller then I'd also move gags to fullback and put maps in the centers

Apart from that i like it

Last edited:
The question about Croker is if he's still a prop or is now a true second row.
He was playing a fair amount of second row last year, although I never remember him playing second row in the juniors, and this year he has dropped a lot of weight and in the Hastings interview they talked about him working on his ball skills.
He kind of looks like his brother now, with his slimmed down build, and his brother was always an 80 minute second row.

I mean, last year I always said he carries a bit of weight around the middle - it's just his build. This year, slimmed down maybe too much and looks fit as.
dsc06203.jpg

Back