Swarzey
Michael Hagan
It's basically relying on a very, very small chance. If the U20's side now was right up there again like it was last year, I'd begin to have a little faith in the possibility that the club has had a radical change in the development of talent however, with U20's sitting in 10th this year, it's a little concerning that they're banking the entire future of the club on these kids. With the amount of senior players leaving now and over the next few, there's going to be a considerable gap between generation now and next. I honestly don't believe the Wests Tigers are going to go anywhere anytime soon, I don't think Brooks or Moses are going to live up to their potential because they've been tossed into a side that gets beaten up week in and week out; they've rushed them in, placed the club on their backs and it's stunted their development. If the Board and anyone at the club thinks that it's a good idea are going to incredibly **** up the prospects.
This entire strategy has only one acceptable conclusion and that's a Melbourne like dominance, a Manly like consistency. However, the reality is that we're going to end up looking back on the three/four/five/six -- however long it takes, years and realise that it was a complete waste of time and it will simply put the club much further back that it is now. I'm all for having a focus on junior talent but not if they're going to walk into a damaged side and the club doing nothing to help bridge the gap between the side now and the side they want. I don't know what fantasy they're living in if they think the side can produce adequate performances without any real change to personnel on the field and in the rankings.
It's a disgusting response and of all people, I'm very sad to see that it's from Quayle.
This entire strategy has only one acceptable conclusion and that's a Melbourne like dominance, a Manly like consistency. However, the reality is that we're going to end up looking back on the three/four/five/six -- however long it takes, years and realise that it was a complete waste of time and it will simply put the club much further back that it is now. I'm all for having a focus on junior talent but not if they're going to walk into a damaged side and the club doing nothing to help bridge the gap between the side now and the side they want. I don't know what fantasy they're living in if they think the side can produce adequate performances without any real change to personnel on the field and in the rankings.
It's a disgusting response and of all people, I'm very sad to see that it's from Quayle.