Peter O'Sullivan Appreciation thread

View attachment 8444

This is honestly a pretty good haul, if you brought these six players to the Tigers they’d probably finish 9th. As I said above, Gold Coast is the Bermuda Triangle of footy, or the ruins of Carthage. Nothing good can happen or grow there.

Just keep Bozo Fulton the hell away from my club.
Was definitely nothing wrong with the junior players coming through when Holbrook was at the Titans. Sounds promising!
 
How can they make him stay? He's not a player that the NRL can refuse to register if they walk out on a contract
Obviously if the bloke wanted to go, particularly for personal reasons, we cant 'make him stay'.

POS was quoted as publicly stating that he 'wanted to hang around to enjoy the success'.

If that's the case, then I assume he left for more cash and my expectation was that we'd match it. But if that is not the case and POS wanted to leave for reasons other than money then that settles it. Just haven't seen that reported anywhere, just people mentioning it on here
 
Obviously if the bloke wanted to go, particularly for personal reasons, we cant 'make him stay'.

POS was quoted as publicly stating that he 'wanted to hang around to enjoy the success'.

If that's the case, then I assume he left for more cash and my expectation was that we'd match it. But if that is not the case and POS wanted to leave for reasons other than money then that settles it. Just haven't seen that reported anywhere, just people mentioning it on here
Toohey mentioned his wife is from Brissy and there were some 'other issues' in the background. Not sure how much that all played in it. The extra pay bump probably didn't hurt though lol
 
I don’t think him leaving will change too much, at least in the short term. I’m happy we got him for the period that we did. Gone from a spoon to a gf and have a very good roster moving forward
 
View attachment 8444

This is honestly a pretty good haul, if you brought these six players to the Tigers they’d probably finish 9th. As I said above, Gold Coast is the Bermuda Triangle of footy, or the ruins of Carthage. Nothing good can happen or grow there.

Just keep Bozo Fulton the hell away from my club.
That all looks pretty good.
But the question I have is did this guy have anything to do with David Fafitas massive deal with all the clauses?
And Tinos clauses?

Im hoping the Knights stick with the no player clauses into the future.
 
Ezra Howe would be a good fit.

I respect the work POS has done and there is no doubt he has an eye for young talent. But it's just dumb luck that we didn't end up with Jonah Pezet as our 7, Tallyn De Silva as our 9, and Josiah Pahulu as our big money middle
 
Ezra Howe would be a good fit.

I respect the work POS has done and there is no doubt he has an eye for young talent. But it's just dumb luck that we didn't end up with Jonah Pezet as our 7, Tallyn De Silva as our 9, and Josiah Pahulu as our big money middle
Yeah that's it. You get it.

I will defend the *process* in that Pezet is a half who's quick, has a great boot and is creative, despite being a question mark in many ways, Tallyn looked very dynamic out of dummy half, and Pahulu is young, looks athletic, has potential, ditto Finau Latu. There are no sure things but you have to bring in guys who have the potential to be special.

The outcomes would have been: Jonah can't seem to play 3 weeks without a soft tissue injury and can't tackle, Tallyn sucks, Pahulu might medically retire, Latu we haven't seen in the top grade yet but from what I've heard didn't set the world on fire in Cup this year.

Instead we ended up with Brown, Mooney, Smith and... Marata Niukore, as his recruits who are all significant financial outlays. Proven rep calibre half, prop who had a breakout season, elite 14 who's now a folk hero, and a guy who's almost 30 who I think is overrated but we'll see.

Great outcomes but a bit of stuff broke our way.

I do still think there's every chance Pezet has a great career though.
 
Back
Top