Peter O'Sullivan Appreciation thread

If POS leaves, I'd hope Alex McKinnon moves straight in to the role. Surely he has soaked up POS' salary cap nous while he has been here. I'd love to see a continuation of what we have been doing rather then changing course. The knock on Alex will be that he was around for the Will Pryce, KPP signings. To that I'd say he would be the first to see our recruitment is right on track, our junior system is back, and big throws at the stumps on English guys aren't needed anymore.
 
I’d be inclined to swing for the fences and see if we could coax a big fish from somewhere, but I can see the appeal in going with someone internal so we don’t have someone leave in 2 years again.
 
If POS leaves, I'd hope Alex McKinnon moves straight in to the role. Surely he has soaked up POS' salary cap nous while he has been here. I'd love to see a continuation of what we have been doing rather then changing course. The knock on Alex will be that he was around for the Will Pryce, KPP signings. To that I'd say he would be the first to see our recruitment is right on track, our junior system is back, and big throws at the stumps on English guys aren't needed anymore.
That said he also got Dom.

But I think he’d recognise the club is in a very different place now, he seems like a smart guy.
 
That said he also got Dom.

But I think he’d recognise the club is in a very different place now, he seems like a smart guy.
He was the bloke who picked him up from the airport but I think he was more in a liaison role at that point. The other pom they bought out at the same time didn't have much impact either. Difference being that Pryce and KPP were bought here on rep money.
 
The more I think about it, the less I’m bothered. Obviously some great gets in there but he had a lot of good luck in his tenure here. It’s not like he was out there on his own on the Dylan Brown thing, at the end of the day that comes down to the higher ups backing him in saying such a big number, and everyone at the club wanted him. Mooney is a great pick up but also mostly something that fell in his lap.

The Niukore signing is pretty indefensible IMO now we know the salary. We literally could have just tacked on another year of Frizell for less.

It sounds a lot like Holbrook got through to Francis, if we have a different coach Big Frisco may be just another guy most league fans never heard of.

Keeping Holbrook - for whatever amount of money it takes - and keeping Sharpe for the rest of his career + still having Hopwood on the books in Kalyn’s last season of first grade are the KPIs for the successor. Do that and we’ll be fine.
 
Manuleleua was out of favour at the Panthers, Graham was going nowhere at the Dolphins, and Sharks fans will tell you Crouch was nowhere near in contention for NRL. All quickly became important parts of a team that went to the grand final for cheap. His eye for finding talent like that on the fringes is invaluable for a team that figures to be spending a lot on their 1/6/7 for the next half decade at least. Just as important as nailing the cap jigsaw puzzle with retaining the likes of Hopwood and Sharpe.

McKinnon's previous time in the role was a mixed bag at best, leaning more towards bad. Maybe he's improved but if it was as simple as "monkey see, monkey do" we'd have a comp full of recruitment gurus.
 
Just as long as Knights put a clause saying :no touchy" of any of our talent from NRL to U/15's Ill be fine with it. Sucks as I thought he was locked in but as Harv said, give the job to McKinnon and Andrew Ryan who assists at junior levels, the gig will mostly bringing through the talent from Matts and SG squads and keeping McEwen, Francis, Sharpe and Hopwood
 
Welcome aboard.

I said it stunk from day dot, he ain't a prop and we have backrowers coming out of our poop shoots.

He can partner up with ESL in reserve grade.

His no prop and definitely surplus even when signed to requirements in the backrow.

Did they have some sort of prior relationship?

Just makes no sense, I get the leadership thing but not something I've heard his renowned for from prior clubs?
 
Back
Top