Off Topic: Got My L's

well i go for my license tomorrow. i could have done like a year ago now. but ive been too lazy. so seeings that the new driving laws in qld come in on sunday, i figure that its now that i better get my *** into gear.
although all the new laws are pretty much the same as nsw's laws for driving.
only, cuz i hopefully get mine tomorrow, i dont have to wear P plates. yayy..
i really hope i get it
you all better be thinkin bout me at 1pm tomorrow lol
 
LOL i am still on my learners. I am too lazy to get my restricted, but will have to sometime before I graduate haha.
 
I'm happy for you.

But I beat you to it! =]

Oh, and seriously, do not cast stereotypes on P platers, cos I'm a good driver.

I laugh at all you people that have to do hours and log books and all that. I'm done with it!
 
I got in 3 days before the new rules changed. And everywhere in my area was booked out. I think if you dont get your L's by Sunday, you have to do double the hours.

That would be ok, but you would regret not going when you hit 49 hours. You last year would only have 1 hour left. Instead you got 51 :?
 
Well i couldve gotten mine a few years ago but didnt it doesnt really bother me at all not havin them or not being able to drive
 
AussieKnight said:
I got in 3 days before the new rules changed. And everywhere in my area was booked out. I think if you dont get your L's by Sunday, you have to do double the hours.

That would be ok, but you would regret not going when you hit 49 hours. You last year would only have 1 hour left. Instead you got 51 :?

I work for the RTA in NSW and everywhere in sydney and in Newcastle and most places around the state have been completly booked out for the whole week, so u were lucky to get in and we stil had people ringing up today asking if we had cancelations for either today or tomorrow. the new rules is more than double the hours, it has gone from 50 hours to 120 hours plus out of that 120, u need to do 20 hours night time driving and gone from holding them for min of 6mths to 12mths.

Also from sunday 1st july in NSW, u need to put the L's and P1 and P2 plates on the outside of your vehicle, there are also some more new rules, check on the RTA website.

Congrates on getting your L's

I got my green p's 2 weeks ago, so the only new rule i have is the green p's to be displayed on the outside of the car.
 
So if your on ur green p's then the only rule change is were u put the plates. That good. I only have just over a year 2 go and I will not have 2 worry about them. My Dad textscrewe my plates on the back of my car lol
 
to tell u the truth im not even sure if all these rule changing are going to help..Ok it might stop some people but not everyone.
 
Man, they are harsh rules compared to NZ. Here you just have to pass two driving tests, no hours.

It used to be even better, you would pass your first driving test (restricted), then after a year you would just automatically become full!
 
Back
Top