NSW Cup Trial - Armidale

Final score 46-10

It seems like the Eels did all the damage while their 5 first graders were on the field. They scored 36 points before they came off.

I don't even know half of the players out there for us but nonetheless good on them for not giving up and having a crack. I wonder how many minutes Pete played in his first game back.

- - - Updated - - -

I was reading the stories from the Eels in the lead up to this game and how the players had points to prove and all this crap, their fans obviously bought into it and thought it was a real NRL game or something haha how sad for them that they have the ****test team in the comp and actually think Stuart is going to be their savior. It's highly likely this will be the only W the club will get this year.

Last edited:
I loved how whoever was doing their twitter updates was saying like 'Are you happy with what you've seen? Pick up the phone, become a member!'

:lol:

Mind you, we did do the same thing a few years ago when we sent our full strength side for that trial against Melbourne's Toyota Cup team and tore them to pieces. :lol: Sometimes you wonder if the clubs communicate about the strength of their sides that'll be showing up!

final score was 46-10

First 2 quarters we played made 40m+ each complete set and then became toothless 20m out from the eels line, are defense was non existent. IN particular the winger making bad calls in defense.

Second 2 quarters the errors evened out so we had a fair bit more ball. we were probably tackled 25 times within there 20 (as opposed to 5 in the first 2 quarters) . 5th tackle options were terrible. Im not sure who number 20 was but i think all 3 attacking kicks he took went dead.

Alot of the player with number 14 and over looked 25+ some of them possibly 30's the guy who scored are second try (number 15) looked 35 lol

was a ppretty shocking match to watch the under 18's were much more exciting. I dare say non of the trialists will be award contracts from that performance

- - - Updated - - -

Mind you, we did do the same thing a few years ago when we sent our full strength side for that trial against Melbourne's Toyota Cup team and tore them to pieces. :lol: Sometimes you wonder if the clubs communicate about the strength of their sides that'll be showing up!

Haha funny this line!!!

Talking to alot of the locals in the know they were saying that the knights were deliberatly sending a weaker side so that eels could "win big" to generate hype around armidale (eels having big ties to the town). Im sure the eels media will build up as much hype as they can about the win.

If we had our proper nsw cup team we would of won easy. So the rumour is all 30 is going to coffs then they will make a cut to take to tamworth and the rest will come back home and play with cup

Yeah I thought it was going to be a proper NSW Cup side, we would've of won by a thousand points if we had haha

It's good we're taking such a big squad to Coffs Harbour to give everyone a chance to get a game in and try impress the coaches.

Since the NRL squad play a day before the NSW Cup I wonder what kind of squad Stone will play against Windsor. Surely it'd have to be a similar team that faced Parra today since the top squad will be in Coffs.

I went to that flogging of Melbourne, we sat on the actual field! In saying that it was nice to 70+ put on any storm side :) Haha its all over my facebook all the nrl pages etc. saying its a legit trial and parra thrashed us...

I went to that flogging of Melbourne, we sat on the actual field! In saying that it was nice to 70+ put on any storm side :) Haha its all over my facebook all the nrl pages etc. saying its a legit trial and parra thrashed us...

Yeah, it's a bit annoying, isn't it? Making it sound like our first grade side got smashed, when it wasn't even really our NSW Cup side ...

Ah, the smell of horse liniment is starting to permeate the rarefied air of Marathonstadium once more....The cries of how "We was robbed" and the eternal search for the golden team resumes .............. The season is sneaking up on us people......... I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Summer is only that hot and sweaty time between football games.........."

I thought Api had a great game for the eels - totally outplayed AJ - but maybe a good part of that was the troops he had around him.

Pete was rusty, but had a go.

The prop who played for us in 22 looked like a prospect. He looked like a slightly smaller version of Kyle O'Donnell and worked really hard.

Ben Tupou looked good, but he kept letting guys struggle out of tackles, but he would be able to work on that. He really hasn't played much above SG Ball level and a bit of local league, so the strength of seniors is something he has to get used to.

Loving how this is being reported as 'Parramatta beginning their resurgence under Ricky Stuart blah blah blah' when it was basically half a Parra NRL side vs assorted Newcastle Rugby League players. Shows how good our local comp is that the score was only 46-10 IMO.

Haha it'd be like if our team had Tyrone Roberts, Costigan, Houston, Alex McKinnon, Korbin Sims, Robbie Rochow, David Faalogo and Travis Waddell and their only known first grader was Jake Mullaney. It's one thing to just be happy that their side could beat a squad full of local comp players but to go on like it was a defining moment for Ricky Stuart's new era at the club and it was a game that all fans should be excited about to see more of and how great they are... I'm just embarrassed for them haha I really am, they're setting themselves up for major disappoint the poor things.

Last edited:
They certainly are getting very excited over last nights results. The delusion is strong in that supporter base just like the roosters.

I thought Api had a great game for the eels - totally outplayed AJ - but maybe a good part of that was the troops he had around him.

Pete was rusty, but had a go.

The prop who played for us in 22 looked like a prospect. He looked like a slightly smaller version of Kyle O'Donnell and worked really hard.

Ben Tupou looked good, but he kept letting guys struggle out of tackles, but he would be able to work on that. He really hasn't played much above SG Ball level and a bit of local league, so the strength of seniors is something he has to get used to.

Aj and pete couldn't do much, with no go forwards. The ball was to slow at the back to pete. Ben Toups did okay very well. Don't worry bout the parra fans they can be happy until the rounds start.

By the way, there were over 5000 at the game and they charged me $15 dollars to see that crap.

Yeah the difference of quality in their forward pack compared to ours was just too much of a gap. The only positive for me was Pete returning and getting some game time and also AJ and a few of the NYC boys coming up against a few NRL players. I just can't wait for our proper squads to get a trial in and see how they go.

BREAKING NEWS - Parramatta did sing their team song last night after their hugely important win, and yes, it is confirmed that they did need someone to hold up the words so they knew how the song went. It has been a while since they won a game.

By the way, there were over 5000 at the game and they charged me $15 dollars to see that crap.

Man, they need whoever promoted that game to take over as Marketing Manager of the NRL, that's a great effort!

Back