They won in 1991 and 1996. In 1996 they beat Norths, 48-18 and I think they beat Parrramatta in 1991, when it was called the Nissan sevens (I guess it is the same thing but not 100% sure)
Melbourne
1. Robbie Ross
2. Craig Smith
3. Aaron Moule
4. Tony Martin
5. Marcus Bai
6. Matt Geyer
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Glenn Lazarus (c)
9. Richard Swain
10. Rodney Howe
11. Paul Marquet
12. Stephen Kearney
13. Tawera Nikau
Interchange:
14. Matt Rua
15. Danny Williams
16. Russel Bawden
17. Ben Roarty
St George Illawarra
1. Luke Patten
2. Nathan Blacklock
3. Paul McGregor (c)
4. Shaun Timmins
5. Jamie Ainscough
6. Anthony Mundine
7. Trent Barrett
8. Chris Leikvoll
9. Nathan Brown
10. Craig Smith
11. Darren Treacy
12. Lance Thompson
13. Wayne Bartrim
Interchange:
14. Craig Fitzgibbon
15. Colin Ward
16. Brad Mackay
17. Rod Wishart
I'm glad he didn't. If he retired then he would have gone down as one of the all-time best, and a total enigma. Now that he has plumbed the depths, everyone KNOWS he sucks!