Mullen Remains A Knight

jamesgould

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Staff member
Admin
How good is this news, and he'll be round till 2009! AT LEAST! Mullen will be the Knights main man once Joey is gone for sure ...

Mullen Remains A Knight
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

The Newcastle Knights are proud to announce outstanding talent, Jarrod Mullen has agreed to terms which will see him in the red and blue until at least the end of the 2009.

A two time Australian Schoolboy, Mullen is regarded a key link to the Knight’s future and his decision comes with the endorsement of Captain Andrew Johns.

“Jarrod ensures the club’s strength is guaranteed for another 10 years.â€

“Combined with Kurt Gidley, our future halves are top class,†said Johns.

Mullen boasts nine First Grade appearances, making his debut against the Tigers in 2005 (Round 10), after catching the attention of Coach Michael Hagan.

“Jarrod is one of the most exciting young players in the NRL.â€

“He has a great attitude and is regarded as a future playmaker for the club – this is an important signing for the Knight’s long-term success,†said Hagan.

“Jarrod’s decision is a welcomed boost for the club. He’s the sort of talent we need to build a team around, “said Knights CEO, Ken Conway.

Mullen will feature in the Knight’s Premier League side on Sunday at Leichardt Oval against the Wests Tigers.

Meanwhile, the Knight’s host the Warriors at EnergyAustralia Stadium for Round Four of the NRL this Sunday April 2, 2006.

Injury concerns for Daniel Tolar (hamstring) and Brian Carney (corked thigh) have been given the all clear and both players selected in Hagan’s 17 man squad.

The Warriors cross the Tasman with a confidence boosting 26-10 victory against the Wests Tigers under their belt and desperate to restore lost competition points.

From: http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=747&zoneid=1

All i can say is GOOD LUCK JARROD!! you will be a great advantage to our team! I think we should have more faith...he wouldnt be here if he couldnt handle it, right?! :D

I am glad to see Jarrod staying with the knights. But i dcant imagine how much pressure it is going to be when joey retires and you have to prove that your team is only going well when he was there. But I think that the knights can do it.

Back