Marty Taupau

Ponga wouldn't of got TPA in the deal when he signed, that would be illegal if the club did that :giggle:

But he sure as hell has a bunch of them now.

How can you expect the Cowboys to match 600-700k for a 2 game rookie at the time when you have JT, Morgan, Taumalolo, Scott and several other rep standard players already on the books that had already proven themselves with finals and a grand final win?

Cowboys knew exactly what they had the moment they poached him from the Broncos at 16. In that contract he was guaranteed a position in the top 25 man squad for his final year.

Green also debuted him in a derby finals game to try and entice him to stay.

To say we didn’t try and keep him is laughable. It’s the exact same scenario that we had 14 years ago when we got Thurston from the Dogs. Both sides at the time Cowboys pre 2004 and Knights 2015-17 being absolute plodders and able to take a risk with a massive contract for a young prodigy.
The cowboys stuffed up mate you can't deny it (or you'll try but no one will buy it) Ponga was a sure thing 'can't miss' type of player there's no way in hell they should have let him go.

Facts are they re-signed Coote when they should have said goodbye to him gave Ponga the money they were going to give Coote and promised him the No.1 jersey.

I firmly believe if they had given him Coote's money and the No.1 he would have stayed.

The cowboys stuffed up mate you can't deny it (or you'll try but no one will buy it) Ponga was a sure thing 'can't miss' type of player there's no way in hell they should have let him go.

Facts are they re-signed Coote when they should have said goodbye to him gave Ponga the money they were going to give Coote and promised him the No.1 jersey.

I firmly believe if they had given him Coote's money and the No.1 he would have stayed.

Ofcourse he would of stayed if he got the same money offer but like I said we were in no position to give a 2 game rookie 600-700k when we had proven rep stars already on the books unlike you guys. Exact same situation in 2004 with JT. It’s really not that hard to understand.

Anyway it’s done and dusted. You got him and it will be interesting to see how his second full year goes especially if Brown is stupid enough to put him at 5/8th and opening him up to be targeted.

We have Val Holmes a sure thing from 2020 so will have one of the best 1, 6 and 7 combos in the Como again.

Did you not watch him from round 4/5 onward this season? Playing off the back of Taumalolo and Hess with Morgan there abouts... sure thing to consistently find some space.

Hess killed it to, still can't believe they didn't make the gf tbh

It Taumalolo gets a long term injury the cows are stuffed IMO.

Bit like if Ponga goes down. I mean you still conceded more points in 2018 then you did the previous year. When that attacking threat goes.... ohhh no.

We had our worst year since 2010 and still only finished 2 wins behind your guys best year since 2013 or 2014. Awfully cocky this offseason :lol:

Yeah but we aren't stacked with superstars.
But where getting there.

Pearce is a bigger loss than Ponga.
Just like JT will be for your lot.

Yeah but we aren't stacked with superstars.
But where getting there.

Pearce is a bigger loss than Ponga.
Just like JT will be for your lot.

We have our new young half off the conveyor belt coming through. One, J Clifford. Just so happens that he won NYC player of the year for the whole comp while Ponga was his teammate. Would of won Q-Cup player of the year had he not got called up to FG this year in what was his first full season playing against men. Also led QLD to their first ever win in the U20’s origin with MotM performance. Walker brothers say he is the biggest threat of any player in the Q-Cup and that they always focused on shutting him down more then anyone.

Need I go on? Don’t you worry about the Cowboys next year :D

If Billy talked like that about any Knights junior you would be all over him

Billy likes to add a little extra to some juniors. Called him out on it a couple years ago when I knew for a fact he was wrong/lying and he had a cry and blocked me.

Sure he knows his juniors but he tends to go over the top on some. This years example being Lamb.

What I just said about Clifford was all 100% facts.

We have our new young half off the conveyor belt coming through. One, J Clifford. Just so happens that he won NYC player of the year for the whole comp while Ponga was his teammate. Would of won Q-Cup player of the year had he not got called up to FG this year in what was his first full season playing against men. Also led QLD to their first ever win in the U20’s origin with MotM performance. Walker brothers say he is the biggest threat of any player in the Q-Cup and that they always focused on shutting him down more then anyone.

Need I go on? Don’t you worry about the Cowboys next year :D

Yeah because NYC form always translates. Beau Henry anyone.

Back