Knights possible targets for 2020

Worth a look

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I want him and then I want gela mosby to turn into another ado Carr for us. And then I want us to get rid of one of our backrowers to sign matherson or crighton. Lino is fine I don't know why everyone is picking on him

I want him and then I want gela mosby to turn into another ado Carr for us. And then I want us to get rid of one of our backrowers to sign matherson or crighton. Lino is fine I don't know why everyone is picking on him
#drunk

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...b/news-story/f902864cd71110a345427698dc63eebd

"Coach Anthony Seibold is set to be given complete freedom to make whatever changes are necessary to get the team back into premiership contention as they look to end a 13-year title drought.

“Darius Boyd will lose captaincy and told he’s free to leave now, Andrew McCullough to be told he’s free to leave now ... Milford to be told he’s on his last chance,” tweeted Seven’s Chris Garry. “All this as Brisbane have the most awkward Mad Monday.”"

Feel like this has been the case for a while. Boyd should have been dropped a month into the season. Benny's boys aren't going to have the time of day for a new coach. Happened at the Knights and it looks like it's happening there too

If Milford was on the market at a reasonable price (say 500k - 600k) I wonder if we'd look at him for maybe a 2 year contract.
I would snap Milford up for that money, probably get picked up for more than that though.

He's a top player but Broncos want him to be a half back and he's not.

What about giving Jack Bird on a one year contract? Play him at 5/8 and the broncos would be paying a good sum of his contract.

What about giving Jack Bird on a one year contract? Play him at 5/8 and the broncos would be paying a good sum of his contract.
Strong ball runner and would tighten up our defense on that side, I just don't know if he is creative enough, puts a lot of pressure on Pearce and Ponga.

Strong ball runner and would tighten up our defense on that side, I just don't know if he is creative enough, puts a lot of pressure on Pearce and Ponga.

Not quite sure about Bird in the halves, reckon he's better suited to playing in the centres or maybe 2nd row at a pinch.

For the same money, Milford seems like better value. Given the style of play the Storm and Roosters have and his experience working in these systems I reckon Obi could be the one to get Milford firing in the 6 jersey.

But the likelihood of him coming here seems pretty slim unless he takes a haircut on his inflated salary.

We need someone like Milford.
I can't say he'd be my first choice, but an experienced match winning 5/8 is what our squad is screaming out for, and they don't grow on trees around here.

We need someone like Milford.
I can't say he'd be my first choice, but an experienced match winning 5/8 is what our squad is screaming out for, and they don't grow on trees around here.
They don't, but it seems a few could be shaken loose over the off season. The likes of Milford, Bird, Sezer and Walker have all had question marks over them. Then if one moves, who else becomes available? We don't really know what OBreins plans are.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Can't see it happening, but someone like Jack Wighton would be ideal for us. Big 5/8 who can defend and ball-play.

Absolutely. Unfortunately I think it's pretty safe to assume he's a priority re-signing for the Raiders. Sezer is likely to be the one squeezed out, and to be honest I'd rather keep Lino than gamble on Sezer.

Lino would look like a superstar being asked to do what Sezer is doing, playing with Hodgson/Wighton/Nicoll-Klokstad

Previously I’d agree with sentiment about Sezer but he’s really impressed me this season. He’s running the ball a lot more on top of his kicking and playmaking which is a good sign. Plus he’s performing strongly in the big games.

He’d definitely be an upgrade on Lino.

Keeping in mind Sezer has played 16 games to Lino's 12 and is in a much much better team.

Tries: Sezer 3 Lino 2
Line Break Assists: Sezer 1 Lino 3
Try Assists: Sezer 5 Lino 2
Forced Drop Outs: Sezer 7 Lino 5
Run metres per game: Sezer 58m Lino 50m
Kicking metres per game: Sezer 163m Lino 126m

Lino has made more tackles at better tackle efficiency and is a gun goal kicker too.

Sezer looks good cause he's in a good team. If he was back at the gold coast no one would be talking about him.

We need someone who can actually run the side well enough for us to have a chance of winning if Pearce is out for any reason.
If Pearce is fully fit and in form, we could put a potted plant in the 6 jersey.
If Pearce is out or off his game because of injuries, we need someone good.

I think I’d rather someone who looks good in a good side than someone like Brock lamb who looked good in a bad side....

We are only losing a few out of contract players with none making much difference to salary cap and any others, contracted players, we will have to pay some to not play. Bottom line is not much options but to play with what we have, some gone and u/20’s coming up at least for 2020. Prioritising our needs is what is needed, 5/8 and 2nd row x 2 if we have the money. No point in buying if they are not an improvement on what we have, is Sezer better than Lino overall. Better to buy one very good player to improve the squad dramatically than 3-4 soso players no better than what we have.

Back