Knights possible Origin players and who to replace them with

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by krustykraz, May 10, 2019.

1. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 Scott Seamer

Qld side
    1.ponga
    2.oates
    3.gagai
    4.chambers
    5.feldt
    6.munster
    7.morgan
    8.napa
    9.hunt
    10.wallace
    11.gillett
    12.cooper
    13.mcguire
    15.hess
    16.ofahengue
    17.arrow
    Has to be the weakest origin pack in some time. Hard to find a forward outside of arrow whose in any type of form

2. knightime

knightime Adrian Brunker

I think they'll pick Edrick at 5 if he's healthy, Hunt at 14, and Kaufusi over Hess/Gillett/Cooper. It's not a strong pack on current form, however I never discount QLD (I'm a NSW fan). They'll lift for Origin, and a lot of them play regularly together at club level, which has always been an advantage for them.

Lefty likes this.
  3. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I wouldn't be so sure

4. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

You've left out Papalii

knightime likes this.
  5. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

That Warriors game will be tough for us without Klemmer & Ponga plus possibly Ramien & Glasby, I don't think Eddy will get picked especially now he's injured, whilst Pearce isn't getting picked either unless Cleary breaks a leg.

I said it in the off season and I still feel the same, we don't have a decent back-up fullback, I'd say Watson or Mann will play there with other at 5/8 which doesn't fill me with much confidence.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

1.ponga
    2.oates
    3.Morgan
    4.chambers
    5.Gagai
    6.munster
    7.DCE
    8.napa
    9.hunt
    10.papa
    11.kaufusi
    12.cooper
    13.mcguire

14.wallace
    15.arrow
    16.hess
    17.ofahengue
    18 milford whom could take and bench spot to cover the spine.

7. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I think this is pretty close, although I don't think they'll carry four forwards on the bench especially with Hunt starting at 9, I think they'll actually have Hunt on the bench and probably play Jake Granville. I also think they're making a mistake starting Morgan in the centres, it worked once when we were blown off the park, I'm not convinced it will work again for them.

8. krustykraz

krustykraz Ben MacDougall

Pearce is more likely to play Origin 2 than he was for game 1.
    Dan also a possibility.
    Ponga a certainty.

Not sure if we can win many games without Pearce, Dan, Ponga and Klem.

I just hope if Pearce gets picked NSW win otherwise it could very detremental to his confidence.

9. krustykraz

krustykraz Ben MacDougall

I just realised they don't have to miss a club game to play Origin 2.

Bedsy was on 360 tonight and it sounds like they will pick Pearce. But you never know.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:28 PM
  10. Owey

Owey Brian Quinton

Glasby was 18th man for game one and Joe Ofen is out of game two. Kevy mentioned on radio yesterday that Glasby deserved a start.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

11. Owey

Owey Brian Quinton

Origin 3 could be the issue. Two very winnable games under normal circumstances at home either side, Warriors without our origin players, then Bulldogs two days after for whoever can back up.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

12. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

It’s not just the injuries but the time between SOO and club game, Fri night or Sunday avo, big difference in recovery time, injury treatment, travel comes into it as well. Play SOO in Perth then back up next few days with travel and sleep loss in Sydney or other places.

13. Wobbles

Wobbles Michael Eagar

Pearce elected to make himself unavailable from the 1st game quite early, in the sheds after the Roosters match. I suspect he probably could have played if he wanted to, at least being in camp and making a call a few days before the game. I reckon Freddy would have been happy to give him that option if he was keen.

Now that the Blues need to win to keep the series alive, given the perhaps unfair criticism of his inability to win a series after 18 games I think he'd be less likely to want to play.

As the form halfback in the comp and given the roll we're on, largely due to his performances, you've gotta wonder whether his preference is to forego this particular Origin series to focus on winning a premiership?

Any thoughts?

14. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Brad Godden

I really hope they don't pick Pearce, but in all honesty he thoroughly deserves to be selected.
    If he is picked i really hope it is his origin redemption and he nails it!
    His final redemption will be leading the Knights to premiership glory!
    Ride on the Pearce Train!

member 2299, kurtsux and Tasgirl like this.
  15. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

Pearce should be playing SOO but I would rather he didn't , Him getting injured is one problem . The other would be if we lose badly it may effect his state of mind and we need him at his best for the rest of the season .

member 2299, kurtsux and Tasgirl like this.
  16. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Nah he wants to play 100%. He said watching Origin he still has to fire & he kept saying for "Game 1" he hopes they pick Cleary. I think he's mature enough to come away from an Origin loss & still be good, he's too much of a leader here now, but I hope he can win the series if he's picked. Would be such a shame for him to lose again & have the blame put on him.

17. Wobbles

Wobbles Michael Eagar

You're 100% right in that he would prefer to be on the field rather than as a spectator, it's the pinnacle of rugby league. It'd be rep career suicide publicly declaring he didn't want to join the series.

Privately though, I wonder whether his thoughts are he doesn't want either the distraction of rep footy right now, or being a game down to be associated with yet another series loss (and almost certain exclusion from future selection) if the Blues can't recover from last week.

But that's just my take on it, the only one who can answer that is the man himself.

As much as I love watching Origin, all I know right now is that I'm way more invested in the rest of this season than the result of this Origin series. I just hope we don't suffer any further casualties.

18. nunnsy

nunnsy Mike McLean

I'm will be torn if Pearce plays for nsw. I'm a qlder but I would like to see Pearce win a series.

19. Tubby

Tubby Steve Southern

James Hooper reporting that Pearce and Cleary will be the NSW halves

20. JOJO82

JOJO82 Evan Cochrane

I hope he doesn't get picked so it doesn't derail our series... seriously I don't really care about Origin anymore and would rather focus and have fit players for the season.