Knights keen on Luke Lewis

Going by what I've read, he wants out for compassionate reasons and it might not even matter who Lewis signs with.

I'd be happy with either Lewis or Smith!

Lewis is being lauded more but if Smith was from NSW or QLD he would have been playing origin for years now IMO!

Yes I think it's for the best, knowing our luck he would have done a knee or shoulder.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so looking at the players off contract next year, I'm glad we probably aren't going to get Lewis for the rumored $500k
Sign both Smith and then another relatively big name prop for the same price as Lewis.

George Burgess or Russell Packer? Personally I'd prefer Packer.

How about a front row that read:
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Packer
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

14. Mason
15. Tetevano
16. Edwards
17. Costigan

Only problem I can see is finding room for McKinnon and Cuthbertson.

Put them in 16 and 17, they other two blokes only play for contracts, Edwards picked up his form when contracts were put on hold didn't he, the big Q is will he keep us his form when he gets signed, I read in The Herald about him knocking back a 3 year contract, what was that about? was the offer way to low or was he suffering a case of egomania??

[h=1]Knights out of running for Luke Lewis[/h]http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/knights-out-of-running-for-luke-lewis/2629164.aspx

Herald article about it.

Anyway, obviously it was about the money by what that says.

Also says that, like i have been saying, sharks coach Flanagan has said numerous times they wont be releasing Smith, so again i ask wheres the proof it'll even happen.

There's no proof, but there are strong rumours that Smith is the one wanting the release so he can come to Newcastle.

Last edited:
It will all depend on if the Sharks can fit Lewis in under the cap without having to get rid of anyone, the amount of money people are talking about is pretty high .

I feel Lewis should have another year or 2 on the panthers before he exchanges his jersy for another side.
Confucious told me "One must perform another season, to help him think on a better reason. to leave the panthers in a hurry, will end you up in the eels... and we don't want that."

I think as soon as it was mentioned that Houston was going to stay that we'd be out of the running for Lewis. We have already signed one backrower and maybe are in the market for another.

How about a front row that read:
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Packer
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

14. Mason
15. Tetevano
16. Edwards
17. Costigan

Only problem I can see is finding room for McKinnon and Cuthbertson.

I'd have McKinnon over Costigan anyday.

JEREMY
Smith's uncertain future at Cronulla has been incorrectly linked to the club's pursuit of Lewis.

They are completely separate issues because Cronulla can afford both stars under next year's salary cap.

The facts on Smith's situation are, first, he will not be going to any club other than Newcastle should Cronulla grant him a release.

Second, he is not unhappy at Cronulla, who have done everything to accommodate the 32-year-old and tried to extend his deal beyond next season.

Smith is seeking a change on compassionate grounds because he needs to be closer to family.

A reunion with Wayne Bennett, who reluctantly released Smith from the Dragons in 2010 to fit in Mark Gasnier, is a huge bonus for the Kiwi firebrand.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h-chris-anderson/story-e6frexnr-1226430330947

Should change the thread name to Knights keen on Smith seeing as half the thread is about Smith & we aren't gonna get Lewis.

Only turned into a Smith thread in the last few pages so will keep it how it is. However anymore discussion on Jeremy Smith should be made in the new thread :)

Back