Knights Injury and Suspension Updates

I don't know how they haven't picked up a break all year, and I don't even know what a minor break to a leg bone even is.
I also don't know how it would be possible to walk with a major break in the fibula.
I can't read that report, but what I can read doesn't make sense.

having said that, it's a good time for him to get it all repaired.
6 to 10 weeks recovery and he can start light training about when the other firstgraders are due back.

Last edited:
Might be more than that if they go the long haul - get it all 100%, then take the hardware out, which will mean another spell to recover from that.

Pretty big infection risk unfortunately but we really can’t have any shortcuts. Want him still playing for us when he’s 34.

a4c20a17c0f7585a1cb3d8cb0b47f169

This is an X-ray of the broken leg that cruelly ended Knights half Jackson Hastings’ season.

Hastings will undergo surgery in Newcastle tomorrow to have a new 15cm plate screwed to his fibula to repair the break in his right leg.

Hastings watched the Knights’ game against the Warriors on Saturday with injured teammate Lachlan Fitzgibbon.

Doctors found one major break and a minor fracture they believe he has carried all season.

“It has been giving me grief for a long time,” Hastings said. “They think the smaller fracture has been there all year.

“Now the major one. When I got the result I cried to myself in the car, I was that shattered.

“Then you think of Jayden Brailey who’s done two ACLs in a row on the back of an achilles (injury).

“It’s just one of those things.”

Well that doesn't look good, but it looks like the old fracture was right on the joint, while the new one isn't, so shouldn't be as tricky to fix you would think.

Geez that looks in an absolutely terrible state. I wonder if he’s been suffering pain and refusing the get it scanned during the season, like he said he didn’t want it scanned now. Might have picked up that smaller fracture earlier and saved the larger injury.

Definitely needs to get it all properly fixed, he’s still got a long career ahead of him.

Does anyone know what the recovery process is for KP’s shoulder? Does it need operating on or will the off season rest do the trick?
They asked in the press conference last night and he said they can either operate or not operate, and not operating is the better option if they can get away with it.

Being reported today Frizz has torn a hamstring. Out for 4-6 weeks.
Frizz returns from injuries faster than anyone I've seen.
There was an article a year or two ago that said he'll get up every few hours during the night to ice injuries if that's what it takes.
Having said that, as far as I know the only rehab for hamstrings is to rest them I think, so I don't know if there is any way for him to speed it up.

Back