Justin Horo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior11

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
PARRAMATTA are in danger of losing rising star Justin Horo, with Newcastle attempting to lure the boom forward as a replacement for retiring Test forward Steve Simpson.

The Sun-Herald can reveal that the Knights have tabled a three-year deal to Horo, who is off-contract at the end of the season. The Eels are keen to retain him, but will need to up the ante after the interest from the Knights.

''He's a player that can play a couple of positions and he's got something a little different as far as his offensive tools,'' Knights coach Rick Stone said yesterday.

Horo is one of the most promising forwards in the game and is tipped to follow the lead of his father, Mark, in representing New Zealand at Test level.

''I can see him playing any position in the pack apart from hooker - a lock, second-rower or even a front-rower down the track,'' Stone said.

Newcastle had made an offer but ''we just have to wait and see what Parramatta come back with''.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/knights-keen-to-sign-horo-20100814-1240a.html

What the, only seen this kid play once and that was when we beat them 6 - 4 but replacing Simmo with this kid, hmmm.

One thing we'd get with Horo is a more mature aged guy (24) with a season of footy under his belt. He is a wider running second rower (not too dissimilar to Simmo), who can easily fill in a centre if injury strikes. However, you'd think the Eels would be grooming this guy to maybe take Mateo's spot, or Hindy's down the track.

Not sure if the guy is off contract or not, but I think a Parra NYC guy is worth a look in. Rory Brien. Havent seen the guy play, but apparently he has been very impressive is a pretty poor Eels NYC side. All it takes is a look at his stats to realise this guy is a special talent.

At 18 years of age, he is putting up Stagg like tackles, while running for Gallen like metres. He is listed as a centre/wing, but has played lock the majority of the season.

I would rather not get him...
Against the broncos:
72 minutes, 14 runs, 96m, 11 hit-ups, 2 offloads, 27 tackles and 7 missed tackles.

I wouldn't mind him to be honest. From what i've seen of him, he seems pretty explosive and has pretty good footwork. If we don't pay overs for him, why not?

What is with our obsession with back rowers? It's not what we need, especially with Costigan and Kyle O'Donnell already secured for next season.

I remember ages ago on here when he first came onto the scene I mentioned (or maybe just thought) he would be someone we should look at depending on how he goes later on in the year.

I think he would be a decent buy, Parra fans would be absolutely filthy.

However... Inu (250k) Mateo (400k) Cayless (400k) Keating (150k) are all leaving.

Estimated 1.4mil just there... Parra should have plenty in the bank to keep him.

Just means were paying him overs if he comes here.

Haha, at Sterlo trying to tell the Eels management to throw everything at Horo to keep the Knights away from him.

Dang, who wouldn't want this guy, you'd have to be out of your mind! He's really looked the goods, and in only his first year of first grade. So he missed 7 tackles the other week, big deal! You just have to watch him play to see he's got something special.

He's had a big impact at Parramatta, out-performing many of their more heralded forwards ... definitely a future-Kiwi.

Would be an excellent buy, he's got a bit of experience, but stills heaps of improvement ... this is the most exciting potential signing I've heard about by the Knights this year, to be honest.

Dang, who wouldn't want this guy, you'd have to be out of your mind! He's really looked the goods, and in only his first year of first grade. So he missed 7 tackles the other week, big deal! You just have to watch him play to see he's got something special.

He's had a big impact at Parramatta, out-performing many of their more heralded forwards ... definitely a future-Kiwi.

Would be an excellent buy, he's got a bit of experience, but stills heaps of improvement ... this is the most exciting potential signing I've heard about by the Knights this year, to be honest.

Yea I agree I have been watching him play this year and I really rate him highly. He has the ability to score a try too. If he was to come here next year he would have the guidance of Simmo(coaching role) and Cross.Plus how good would it be to have two kiwi back rowers in the side.

Yea I agree I have been watching him play this year and I really rate him highly. He has the ability to score a try too. If he was to come here next year he would have the guidance of Simmo(coaching role) and Cross.Plus how good would it be to have two kiwi back rowers in the side.

We already have about 3 in the first grade squad :lol:

Taia
Mika
Karawana

And also a few in the lower grades.

Tetavano

He's a good player don't get me wrong but I just don't feel we need anymore back rowers.

There is no point just trying to sign every decent looking player when it's not a position we are concerned about at the moment

Dont see Parra releasing him though, clubs like to secure young players that are going well on cheap contracts (eg; Dane Nielsen, Matt Duffie - Storm & Barba - Doggies).

hell yeah baby im up for him coming to the club. having parra fans in the family i often get to parra games and love watching this young fella run out onto the field, lets hope family ties dont keep him at parra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back