Josh Schuster.

member 2299

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Amazing what unlimited cap space does! Tedesco, Cronk, the twins, Sunny Bull, the list goes on and on.

I'd grab young Jack. Disappointed when he left and thought his play with Brock Lamb limited both their opportunity here. Another to be interested in is young Matt Burton at the Panthers. Can't crack NRL and had a great game round 3 against us in the 14-14 game.

Last edited:

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Trent Robinson is a fantastic recruiter and squad manager.
He rarely makes a bad call.
Signing the twins seemed like a bad call a year ago, but Robinson was right to sign them, as he usually is.

Frank McWilliams

Steve Simpson
I think Robinson is in fact the best recruit Roosters have made, he is a very good coach and obviously knows how to get the best out of his players

Amazing what unlimited cap space does! Tedesco, Cronk, the twins, Sunny Bull, the list goes on and on.

I'd grab young Jack. Disappointed when he left and thought his play with Brock Lamb limited both their opportunity here. Another to be interested in is young Matt Burton at the Panthers. Can't crack NRL and had a great game round 3 against us in the 14-14 game.

I really like Matt Burton but from what I’ve seen isn’t he that running type that we already have in Mann & Watson? He’s definitely a big body.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Baydon Searle is a very similar type of player to Matt Burton.
Both Dubbo cyms juniors who played together in the juniors.
Both turn 20 this year.
Both about 190cm and 90+ kg.
Burton joined Penrith 1 year earlier than Searle joined the Knights.
Last year Searle started in under 20s for the Knights and looked very raw, but by the end of the season he was one of our better players in reserve grade.
This year he was one of several young guys who started training with our firstgrade before Christmas and one of only 3 or 4 who came back after Christmas and the only him, Sasagi, Best and Toa made it all the way through the preseason. Searle made it into the 9s squad, and I think if we had 1 more spot in the squad he would have got it.
I think Searle was the biggest improver at the Knights last year. He went from lucky to make the under 20s squad to unlucky to miss out on making the firstgrade squad.
I expect him to get a development contract next year and be not much different to Matt Burton.

Joshhh

OnARampageFuelledByGod
Trent Robinson is a fantastic recruiter and squad manager.
He rarely makes a bad call.
Signing the twins seemed like a bad call a year ago, but Robinson was right to sign them, as he usually is.

Exactly, both the twins were on the scrapheap & one step off retirement. But because they were given the opportunity to jump back into a winning system surrounded by good players, all that is forgotten & they must be on 500k each. It's a snowball effect, if you've got good players that know how to win, anyone that comes in can rise to that level, so they can make those astute value buys all the time.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Watson seems ready to play a year on a small deal to get his career back on track, and he also has a whole list of things he is going to work on to improve.
I'm not a great fan of his abilities and skillset, but he is a little champion for his attitude and work ethic. No one tries or works harder - probably in the entire NRL.
Since he is on low money, I'm excited to see if he can get back to full fitness and find a role in the side. He is a match winner in the right circumstances.

If he were on 800k i'd be organising a lynch mob for whoever made the offer.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Wouldnt take cogger, tries hard, but all his games has been in literally our worst ever seasons followed by the bulldogs worst ever and is 4th option half. Bit bleak to think he will push us further up the ladder
Cogger is like a clone of his father, who played for about 12 years with nearly half his 308 games in reserve grade, but had his best years in his late 20s.
I could see Cogs plugging away till he becomes a real clever old pro like his dad.

Frank McWilliams

Steve Simpson
Watson unsigned??????? Will he be signed???? Do we want him signed????? I don’t know but do we need him no matter how cheap. Think we only need 2 out of Watson, Randall, Hoy and Mann.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Watson unsigned??????? Will he be signed???? Do we want him signed????? I don’t know but do we need him no matter how cheap. Think we only need 2 out of Watson, Randall, Hoy and Mann.
I'm pretty sure he has agreed to terms and did an interview about staying, but can't remember it being officially announced.
I think he is signed.
They didn't say how much he is on, but it sounded like he was taking a big cut and only signing for 1 year in the hope of a better deal after he proves himself fit.
If he gets himself fit he could be a match winner in a grandfinal type player. It's worth 100k to find out.

member 2299

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I'd go for Schuster and ask Uncle John the Shoe to whisper our name in his ear. Second choice Burton who can only make the reserves at Penrith, not even the bench.

And a running 5/8? We ain't got a running or a static 5/8 just bench guys trying to fill in. Mitch needs a proper 5/8 urgently.