Joseph Tapine signs with the Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading that it sounds like he wants to stay, but the Raiders offer is too good not to be seriously considered.

I'm not quite sure I agree with this. Threatening a bloke is just going to make him leave. If I were given that ultimatum, I'd tell him to shove it up his arse and sign with the Raiders. Threatening players is not the way to go, especially when we need him.

I'm not quite sure I agree with this. Threatening a bloke is just going to make him leave. If I were given that ultimatum, I'd tell him to shove it up his arse and sign with the Raiders. Threatening players is not the way to go, especially when we need him.
It wouldn't have been said as a threat. He would have been told that if he wasn't in the longterm plans, they would have to give the firstgrade experience to Fitzgibbon or Jacob Saifiti, who are in the longterm plans.

Club stood by him when everyone else would have sacked him, his development priotized (even though Houston had to be moved on regardless) and I guarantee in four years if he kicks on the club will be ready to spend whatever to retain him. But it would be quite fitting; we're the nice guys, the loyal lot who end up losing out in the end. Hope the kid stays, extremely talented but we've got plenty of kids with plenty of potential, some just as much, waiting. If he's not going to resign, then so be it; I would rather see Brown and the club focus on build players for us, not other clubs.

Big decision for Tapine, we will see his true character. Knights stood by him and he said that he wanted to repay them for showing faith in him.

Let's see if he jumps ship, if he does drop him and promote others ahead of him that want to play for the club and not just chasing money.

Brown is awesome. And to think 9 months ago we had a coach who was telling people he couldn't drop players because they were earning too much money.

Making the right noises but we are yet to see if his awesome.

If Tapine does sign elsewhere we should negotiate a early release for him, no point in us developing the kid further.

- - - Updated - - -

Big decision for Tapine, we will see his true character. Knights stood by him and he said that he wanted to repay them for showing faith in him.

Let's see if he jumps ship, if he does drop him and promote others ahead of him that want to play for the club and not just chasing money.

Yeah and if he suffers a Simon Dwyer like injury no one cares about him 24 months.

Tapine should sign which ever deal is best for Tapine.

And Knights should do whatever is best for the Knights, lets face it if he wasn't a good prospect he would have been out on his backside.

I don't think it's repaying the faith Knights showed him, it's doing what's best for himself. Repaying the faith doesn't put food on the table for himself and his family. People take players signing somewhere else waaaay too seriously and act as if the player was trying to get back at the club and fans. At the end of the day, staying loyal and repaying faith doesn't always pay the bills.

I don't think it's repaying the faith Knights showed him, it's doing what's best for himself. Repaying the faith doesn't put food on the table for himself and his family. People take players signing somewhere else waaaay too seriously and act as if the player was trying to get back at the club and fans. At the end of the day, staying loyal and repaying faith doesn't always pay the bills.
Yeah being on over a hundred grand at least doesn't put food on the table. Sure. (Insert sarcasm if it was missed).
I'm on one hundred grand and I can pay my bills, eat three square meals and live quite a good life.

I get try to get the most you can but not every player does that. Many play for unders to stay with a club/playing group.

You make it sound like we offered minimum wage.

If he wants to go, let him. But if he is trying to haggle a bigger offer outta us, same answer: let him go. If he wants to stay he will

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I hope he stays, but wish him all the best if he leaves, he's only doing what he thinks is best for himself at the time. I just hope he gives it a few months under Brown before making his decision.

Not too sure Manly is the best example anymore Treadly, not with DCE playing for them...

Yeah being on over a hundred grand at least doesn't put food on the table. Sure. (Insert sarcasm if it was missed).
I'm on one hundred grand and I can pay my bills, eat three square meals and live quite a good life.

I get try to get the most you can but not every player does that. Many play for unders to stay with a club/playing group.

You make it sound like we offered minimum wage.

If he wants to go, let him. But if he is trying to haggle a bigger offer outta us, same answer: let him go. If he wants to stay he will

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Can you support your mum and dad with that? Perhaps all the brother and sisters you have as well? What about family you may have overseas that have close to nothing? I couldn't live off $100k a year knowing all my family wasn't better off because of it.

Come on you make it sound like he would be playing for us for nothing when infact he will be getting a good upgrade and be playing for a team that did stand by him.
Brown is right to play hard ball and tell him he will be on the bench in reserve grade if he signs elsewhere and not just say ok you,ve signed with Canberra go now, and let the kid screw us and play 1st grade straight away with canberra....I'm liking Brown more and more .

Comparing a footballer on a 100k to a painter on a 100k is cheese and chalk. The painter still has 20 years of painting left in him at the age of 40. If a footballer can get an extra 20k per year for 3 years that makes a difference especially to a young bloke. Who cares what players come and go anyway ? I mean a contract means diddly so it boils down to following the Club and jumper because you don't know for certain who's going to be playing where and for how long.

Can you support your mum and dad with that? Perhaps all the brother and sisters you have as well? What about family you may have overseas that have close to nothing? I couldn't live off $100k a year knowing all my family wasn't better off because of it.
I bet his next contract with us (if it happens ) will be 3 times that and did he really come from a place where his family has almost nothing I haven't read that a well I guess I can understand if he is the bread winner for his extended family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back