Joseph Leilua released by the Knights

Mamo and Feeney are both massive improvers this year in NSW cup.
Mamo has improved his handling out of sight and is blitzing guys with his speed and footwork, and last week he even set up a try for his winger.
Both he and Feeney are scoring heaps of tries and cutting sides to pieces.
 
So would you guys trust Mamo at the back to always be in the right place and mostly making the right decisions in FG? What I mean to ask is he an NRL fullback or just a NSW cup fullback based on his current performances?

If he can continue to improve then we are one halfback away from being a well balanced team, provided we use some of our spare cash to sign a prop as well as a half

- - - Updated - - -

Mamo and Feeney are both massive improvers this year in NSW cup.
Mamo has improved his handling out of sight and is blitzing guys with his speed and footwork, and last week he even set up a try for his winger.
Both he and Feeney are scoring heaps of tries and cutting sides to pieces.

We both know if Roberts was to be dropped to NSW cup that he too would look like a freakin super star. I'm never sold on halves based on flashy performances in reserves

You know who we should make a play for? Elgey from the Titans. He looks like a class act. Imo he hasn't shown us any less than Brooks did when he played his first couple
 
Mamo still does hairbrained stuff in attack like kicking ahead for himself in our half etc, but he is getting there. Next year he could be ready.
 
Mamo still does hairbrained stuff in attack like kicking ahead for himself in our half etc, but he is getting there. Next year he could be ready.

His still young, even the great players make errors but last week Mamo threw a beautiful pass to pat to score a try it was pretty skilful I think he defiantly has what it takes to make it, they definitely are giving him every opportunity a year playing fullback should teach him the play making skills but let's face it his more of a billy slater than a boyd or strewart, but in saying that slater developed a play making game later in his career, so every chance Mamo can get there he defiantly has the talent it's just about how bad he wants it.
 
One of the biggest attributes any player can have, imo, is the willingness, fitness and smarts to be involved in the play when they're most needed. Just how B Stewart would in his prime always pop up when and where his team mates would hope he would. Or the desire to chase dead plays from impossible positions like Slater. When I watch Mamo play he seems to have that same skill and desire. And not since Gidley in 2008 have we really had that kind of player at our club

interestingly, I see Sione making these kinds of efforts too. He's a gun. And he really gives a **** out there
 
I have my doubts about mamo but I'm seeing more positives from him each week, his biggest weakness is his ball playing ability, but you look at a guy like tedesco and it doesn't affect his influence on the game, infact when I look at mamo he reminds me a bit of tedesco... I'm not happy on losing Joey and keeping gagai as I think Joey is and will become the better player and already is a stronger ball runner and can actual use his shoulder in defense. All I can say is if it's true that Joey is leaving at seasons end he better not hold his position in the team over sione who can use the rest of the year too develop into an absolute beast, I find it hard to understand how we aren't able to afford anyone of high salary because of upgrades.. Teams like penrith have lost basically Noone and signed merrin and going hard after hastings and myles. I'm quickly losing faith in our management and especially our 'CEO' not to sure why we hired an ex player to handle the important business decisions. Hoping Rick makes some changes for this weekends match, preferably dropping falago for vaivai and roberts for Randell, and giving young levi a crack off the bench
 
I think Tedesco and Mamo are very similar fullbacks. Mamo is constantly chasing the ball at 100km/h for 80 minutes. He's always stuck in 5th gear and always looking for the big plays which is great, he' shown many times what a match winner he can be using his skill but that energy and unbelievable enthusiasm it's also his downfall. He also needs to calm down and learn when to pick his moments and execute plays more smoothy and with control. He's working really hard on this part of his game and it seems to be working. I think he should play the rest of this year at fullback in the NSW Cup, keep growing, have a full pre-season training with the team there and we'll have a highly talented and capable fullback to replace Kurt next year. With Sione at centre too we won't be losing much, if at all and we also free up a HUGE part of our cap for forwards/half.
 
So would you guys trust Mamo at the back to always be in the right place and mostly making the right decisions in FG? What I mean to ask is he an NRL fullback or just a NSW cup fullback based on his current performances?

If he can continue to improve then we are one halfback away from being a well balanced team, provided we use some of our spare cash to sign a prop as well as a half

- - - Updated - - -



We both know if Roberts was to be dropped to NSW cup that he too would look like a freakin super star. I'm never sold on halves based on flashy performances in reserves

You know who we should make a play for? Elgey from the Titans. He looks like a class act. Imo he hasn't shown us any less than Brooks did when he played his first couple

Elgey re-signed with this titans for 400k a season.
 
I think Tedesco and Mamo are very similar fullbacks. Mamo is constantly chasing the ball at 100km/h for 80 minutes. He's always stuck in 5th gear and always looking for the big plays which is great, he' shown many times what a match winner he can be using his skill but that energy and unbelievable enthusiasm it's also his downfall. He also needs to calm down and learn when to pick his moments and execute plays more smoothy and with control. He's working really hard on this part of his game and it seems to be working. I think he should play the rest of this year at fullback in the NSW Cup, keep growing, have a full pre-season training with the team there and we'll have a highly talented and capable fullback to replace Kurt next year. With Sione at centre too we won't be losing much, if at all and we also free up a HUGE part of our cap for forwards/half.

I hope you mean they are similar in style and not in quality as at this stage Teddy's 5 times the fullback Mamo is.

- - - Updated - - -

I have my doubts about mamo but I'm seeing more positives from him each week, his biggest weakness is his ball playing ability, but you look at a guy like tedesco and it doesn't affect his influence on the game, infact when I look at mamo he reminds me a bit of tedesco... I'm not happy on losing Joey and keeping gagai as I think Joey is and will become the better player and already is a stronger ball runner and can actual use his shoulder in defense. All I can say is if it's true that Joey is leaving at seasons end he better not hold his position in the team over sione who can use the rest of the year too develop into an absolute beast, I find it hard to understand how we aren't able to afford anyone of high salary because of upgrades.. Teams like penrith have lost basically Noone and signed merrin and going hard after hastings and myles. I'm quickly losing faith in our management and especially our 'CEO' not to sure why we hired an ex player to handle the important business decisions. Hoping Rick makes some changes for this weekends match, preferably dropping falago for vaivai and roberts for Randell, and giving young levi a crack off the bench

If BJL stays with us he'll be Owen Cragie like by next season.

If he goes to somewhere, were the coach will flog him and not let him slack off in training he'll be a SOO with 2 years and a main stay in the test team inside of 4 years.
 

Uate on his day is a match winner.
Gags won us the game in round 1 single handedly.

Joey is dangerous with ball in hand but not much between his ears.
His whole career has been this way. Even under Bennett he had a lot of brain explosions.
 
Well this is another blow. He is close to our best and I love his aggression with the ball. He does do some dumb stuff, but don't they all. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses.

I seriously can't imagine him enjoying being coached by Ricky.
 
Back
Top