Johns joins Manly in exclusive deal

Joey is a Knight through and through. He is the greatest to ever play for the club and our hearts rested in his care for a long while. He never let us down.

Post his playing career his relationship with the club has become tainted, so be it. We aren't sure why and Im not sure it even matters. What concerns us is if there is something he can offer us in retirement, if you ask me, he has proven he has nothing to offer. So I say goodluck to him if he chases a career in coaching, be thankful our club is not blindly appointing him where he doesn't belong.

Lets be thankful for what he has done for The Knights. As far as Im concerned its unbeatable. Long live the King

I don't think anything's been tainted, the fact is we didn't rehire him as halves coach when Stone was in charge.

WHAT! It was bad enough when BK went to Manly but Joey on their coaching staff? This is wrong on so many levels.. :@

You'll never see Chief defecting. Apart from his deeds on the paddock another reason He's so popular is He eats, drinks, sleeps and sh*ts Newcastle. If ever He goes and works for another Club I'll become a Tibetan Monk.

It's like Joey getting on with his life.

Getting on with a life that don't include respect and sentiment towards the place that's largely responsible for the life you lead today. Is Joey on Struggle Street ? If so given that you can't eat respect or pay the bills with sentiment I could understand the bloke taking any job going. It's a safe bet Joey didn't need the money and had ample other opportunities to mentor younger players. It's Manly FMD. What was that Chief said ?

To be honest, having got over the initial shock, I don't care.

Nothing can ever change what he achieved with the Knights ... and I'm sure he will still bleed red and blue. You just have to see him on Nine to know he is still a Knight through and through.

Let the guy get on with his life. Where was this cry from the heart when he was doing a similar job at the Eels? The Knights do not employ the guy now and decided this some two or three years ago.

60 seconds to go in the 2013 Grand Final. Knights and Manly 12 a piece. The knights have the ball on tackle 1 20 out from the Manly line. Where does Joey's allegiance lie ?

Back