Jersey Flegg 2024

few changes - pettet in 19 comes into the stating side at second row and Jack Hilliar in 22 is the 18th man for his 1st game of Flegg

Canberra are having an easy win despite losing Mitch Henderson to reserve grade, so we can't go to the top of the table this week.

Both Knights and Rabbitohs have made 7 team changes from last week,

Interesting that they have plucked a 5/8 from the local comp, Jake Self, rather than use Hunt or Loza.
He was playing for Toowomba in Qld in 2022.
I don't know if he played for Central last year, but I assume he did some training with us in the off season.

Interesting that they have plucked a 5/8 from the local comp, Jake Self, rather than use Hunt or Loza.
He was playing for Toowomba in Qld in 2022.
I don't know if he played for Central last year, but I assume he did some training with us in the off season.
Come down in November and has been in the Jersey Flegg squad. He has played a few games and then they dropped him I believe. To his credit he is back in this weekend. I think he signed up at Macqaurie Scorpions when he is not picked for Flegg.

Flegg side has been updated for the 9.45 start (was 9.30) today.
Fletcher Sharpe is confirmed to start.
Cody Hopwood comes onto the bench for Weir is the only change to the named side.

You would think 5th placed Knights should have an easy win over 2nd last Warriors, but the Knights lost against a side outside the top 8 last week and the Warriors have had their only 2 wins of the season in the last 2 weeks, both against top 8 sides.

Great to see Hopwood getting game time after his nasty head knock.

Few Flegg teams getting ash talent coming into squads, some will take a moment with the changes, other will improve immediately. Would t be surprised Warriors are one of those.

Very wet day today so whoever holds the bal, etc etc.

10 - 6 after 26 minutes
  • Jeremy Trappett 3'
  • Connor Votano 23'
Both wingers have scored

14 - 6 after 28
  • Jeremy Trappett 3'
  • Connor Votano 23'
  • Fletcher Sharpe 26'
Back 3 have all scored

Hopwood had 7 minutes on the bench and he's back out there for the last 6

score still 14 - 12

Back