Jayden Brailey

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Lefty, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Owey

Owey Brian Quinton

Browny is starting to get as bad with hookers as Ricky Stuart is with halves. You'd think it would be a benefit to play the same position as the coach...here is a list of halves Stuart found didn't meet his expectations:
    Paul Green
    Joe Williams
    Craig Wing
    Brett Finch
    Brett Firman
    Jamie Soward
    Josh Lewis
    Grant Ravelli
    Brett Seymour
    Chris Sandow
    Sam Williams (back now)
    Aiden Sezer
    Throw in Blake Austin(5/8)?
    Anyone I've forgotten?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

All i wouldnt have over Pearce.

3. 88Knight4life

In all honesty levi is into his 5th year on nrl and almost 80 games, his always been a selfish player imo, can do some great stuff but can cripple our play with his selfish attitude at times.
    If the powers at be think we can move forward without him? Then I'll be fine with it, if they choose to keep him its because his showed he can be a team player.

EASBay17, Tasgirl, Lefty and 2 others like this.
  4. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    5th year and 80 games yes. 1 year during our run of spoons played the season requiring back surgery because there was no one else. Had more surgery the next season. Last year in and out. This year when allowed to play his natural game in a bolstered forward pack he's 5 good performances from 5. I follow the Knights not the individual so If there's a genuine reason Levi's being moved on then bring on the next in a long line of 9's. Barry Toohey is great and very patient at answering questions but I've asked him many times in the fair dinkum department what has Levi done wrong and haven't been answered yet. Clear to me it's personal.

5. 88Knight4life

Yeah well if you cant follow instructions from your boss then its a attitude problem.

6. Lefty

Lefty Lenny Beckett

Levi still goes for the barge over try too much when we are close to the line. Opposition teams are expecting it from him.

He has played very during the last few weeks but I can see he is still selfish at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    88Knight4life likes this.
  7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I find it amusing that Brown tried to coach a regimented style into the team, and when his job was on the line and it was crisis time, they all seem to have agreed to throw the plans out the window and all go back to playing their natural styles, with Pearce, Ponga and Levi just doing what their instincts told them to do, and we instantly started winning.
    I think our current gameplan is "don't think about it, just do what your instincts tell you to do".

slotmachine likes this.
  8. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

Can’t guarantee player will get position, must earn it, yes give them the chance but like Watson it can come unstuck. What happens if Levi wants to see out his contract, 2020, and Brailey signs on for 2020, if Levi is playing better do we pick Brailey. If we don’t sign Griff and Woolford can we afford Brailey and Levi.
    Seems weird that we are talking about signing Brailey and Levi is out injured for 6-8? Weeks, did talks start prior to injury or was it regarded as an opportune time, something wrong in camp.

9. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I still don't think Watson was bad 5/8th, was always threatening and solid and D, yeah not much of a kicking game(or zero) but with Pearce and Ponga is that an issue?

At the moment though Mann is the much the better fit and the utility role is fitting Watto like a glove.

Matty23 and Wobbles like this.
  10. Volcom66853

Volcom66853 Michael McKeirnan

Not sure if anyone has seen the interview with brown yet . He basically said that the reason they are chasing another hooker is because Danny only plays well when his spot is under pressure. And we don’t have any other full time hookers on the books for next year

11. 88Knight4life

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Did the Sharks ever get penalised for being over the cap?

13. 88Knight4life

14. Billy

Sounds like Woolford and Griffin are out of Brown's calculations for next year - and Huth is a really gifted dummy half, but a tiny guy who is a long shot to be ready for firstgrade for at least another year, if he is ever big enough.
    We do have Mitchell Black training with Bedsy in the NSW under 18s squad right now, and also Simi Sasagi, who are decent sized guys who might be ready before Huth, even though Huth is older.

15. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Hope our next hooker already has a kicking game.

16. knightime

knightime Adrian Brunker

Sounds like Levi is still in the Club's plans for next year and potentially beyond. Obviously, if Brailey came here, he'd want to be the starting 9. That's not a bad thing as we should be looking for players hungry for the responsibility rather than those who are happy to be a backup. Brown said that Levi plays best when his spot is under pressure.

People have criticised Brown for churning through players, and I understand that. At the same time, each player he has brought in seems to be given a fair go at the position they were brought in to do, however Brown has shown that if they are not the best in that spot, they will be moved or dropped from the side. For example, Mann was brought in to play hooker, but clearly Levi is the better of the two. Watson was brought in to play 5/8, and while he has been solid, Mann is a better option as he has a decent kicking game (IMO).

If Brailey comes, he will get the same treatment IMO. That is, he'll be given an opportunity to fill the 9 unless someone out-performs him. Levi seems much more mature this year, particularly the past few weeks. I hope that if Brailey comes, he takes the challenge on and plays as well as he has been recently. If not, we'll have a solid option to rotate him with.

17. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

What?

18. Lord of the Skraelings

19. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

In the vid, Brown says Levi is the only contracted proper hooker to the club. Not a mention of Griffin at all. Can't look good for Griffin ever playing for us again.

A club can't operate with just one recognised hooker, and Brown is always talking about competition for position. Can't blame a coach for bringing in another player to keep the pressure on.

I can't see Watson being left out of the NRL squad completely, so if Mann keeps getting the nod for 5/8, Watson surely locks up the utility spot, so I can't see a Brailey/Levi hooker combo ever being considered.

20. Billy

The problem with Levi and Brailey is that neither of them play any minutes in a position other than hooker. Griff could play a full game in the forward rotation and Watson can be ordinary just about anywhere on the field, but it's hard to see how we squeeze Levi and Brailey into the 17, and if they are both on the money they deserve, they should both be in the 17.