Israel Folau

like i said i get your angle on it but disagree. and i stand firm that this is about appeasing minorities. why were his comments being reported only as homophobic? he took aim at straight people who engage in sex outside marriage? wheres the outrage from the media and rugby australia? i mean by your definition as an unmarried person with kids i too am a victim of this "hate speech"

Yes, adulterers can be the subject of hate speech. While subjective, some people might be less offended by those comments than his comments regarding homosexuals because adulterers can choose to not be adulterers, whereas homosexuals cannot choose to change who they are.

please. fornicator not adulterer:lol:. im going to agree to disagree with you. i believe he has every right to oppose anything he likes and its of his belief people who engage in these things are going to hell. he never publicly stated he hates or wants to hurt gays, liars or atheists i see no hate just a person expressing what they believe.
rugby australia have said they respect his opinions and beliefs but his views dont represent those of rugby australia. thats where it should of ended.

please. fornicator not adulterer:lol:. im going to agree to disagree with you. i believe he has every right to oppose anything he likes and its of his belief people who engage in these things are going to hell. he never publicly stated he hates or wants to hurt gays, liars or atheists i see no hate just a person expressing what they believe.
rugby australia have said they respect his opinions and beliefs but his views dont represent those of rugby australia. thats where it should of ended.

I agree that he has any right to "oppose anything he likes" in his own mind, and most likely also in personal conversations between friends and family. However, I think there are, and should be, boundaries around what is reasonable for employees to publish on social media. Although, I wonder if Israel had written a book/magazine article about his religious beliefs if it would be treated differently.

I agree that the moment there is a lot of 'hype' around the rights and issues surrounding same sex relations. There is less hype around several other groups mentioned i.e. the fornicators of the world.

I guess there is the possibility of issues being raised in terms of the antidiscrimination act.

Free speech, its a joke his being dragged through the mud over it.
Im atheist and think his beliefs are of a dumb person thats been manipulated from a young age.
Though we live in a free country where you can say what you think.
Wont be long until government takes that right from us to.

Free speech, its a joke his being dragged through the mud over it.
Im atheist and think his beliefs are of a dumb person thats been manipulated from a young age.
Though we live in a free country where you can say what you think.
Wont be long until government takes that right from us to.

Technically in Australia we don't have an explicit right to free speech in the sense that most people think, other than for speech regarding government and political matters. But there are more regulations about what we cannot say than what we can say, which is typical of Australian over-regulation.

Well then it goes both ways. They probably lose sponsors, money & take a huge reputation hit if they just ignore it & allow Folau to put whatever he wants on social media. They're a business, should they be forced to employ someone that they see as bringing them into disrepute? No company would have a problem with people holding personal beliefs, but it's a whole different thing with Folau's profile & the big televised sporting organization he works for.

Gay people are sort of still in this middle ground where people think it might be okay to be against their existence. I wonder if anyone would be arguing Folau's right to post as an ARU player if instead of condemning gays, he was condemning black or white people in blatant racist speech. Racism is widely unaccepted but homophobia is still sort of okay.

The majority of Pacific Islanders were raised in odd Christian sects like Mormon or seventh day Adventists.
If holding these beliefs excluded guys, we would lose a quarter of the NRL, but the problem isn't holding odd beliefs, it's publicly preaching them.

I've always found it interesting how Pacific Islanders have such a rich cultural background & deeply proud of where they've come from, but yet many practice these Christian religions that were obviously brought over by the English, so devoutly & often more hardcore than many white people in the world these days. Similar to black churches in America. No judgement to anyone, just always found it interesting.

It seems people are most upset about the homosexuals going to hell. Surely Folau quoting the bible is a better deal than the Islamic way of treating gays. Where's all the outrage there especially from the NZ PM who was quick to rip him a new one.

I've always found it interesting how Pacific Islanders have such a rich cultural background & deeply proud of where they've come from, but yet many practice these Christian religions that were obviously brought over by the English, so devoutly & often more hardcore than many white people in the world these days. Similar to black churches in America. No judgement to anyone, just always found it interesting.
If you watch documentaries about it, their original cultures were very strict and structured, and the religions just adapted their original structures, but with less murder, cannablism, nudity and free love.

Well then it goes both ways. They probably lose sponsors, money & take a huge reputation hit if they just ignore it & allow Folau to put whatever he wants on social media. They're a business, should they be forced to employ someone that they see as bringing them into disrepute? No company would have a problem with people holding personal beliefs, but it's a whole different thing with Folau's profile & the big televised sporting organization he works for.

Gay people are sort of still in this middle ground where people think it might be okay to be against their existence. I wonder if anyone would be arguing Folau's right to post as an ARU player if instead of condemning gays, he was condemning black or white people in blatant racist speech. Racism is widely unaccepted but homophobia is still sort of okay.

the thing that you and the media have glossed over is the fact he wasnt singleing out just gays. he targeted drunks, fornicators, adulterers and aetheists. everyone is jumping up and down screaming "hate speech" yet are only focusing on the homosexual part.
so is he ok to condemn atheists and fornicators to hell?
had he left out the homosexual part rugby australia wouldnt of done a thing?

the thing that you and the media have glossed over is the fact he wasnt singleing out just gays. he targeted drunks, fornicators, adulterers and aetheists. everyone is jumping up and down screaming "hate speech" yet are only focusing on the homosexual part.
so is he ok to condemn atheists and fornicators to hell?
had he left out the homosexual part rugby australia wouldnt of done a thing?

And there is a reason for that. That is lumping being gay into the same category as all those things, which are all either choices and/or inherently bad in our society. My belief is that someone doesn't choose to be gay & that it is not an inherently bad thing, so clearly it stands out.

So QANTAS won't tolerate Folau but the partner Qatar Airways and Emirates. Hypocrits.

That's interesting considering middle eastern countries can legally execute people for being gay and showcasing homosexual activities in public.

Also apparently it's been three days and Folau and his management haven't been available for contact? lol

Israel Folau is going to fight to retain his career with Rugby Australia.

He wants his cake and be able eat it. He can't be able to say want he likes and damage the brand of Rugby Australia.

I hope he is sacked and has to go overseas to get a decent contact. I don't want hear whatever he has to say in the future.

Most of the teachings of Jesus Christ - or the basis of Christianity - is about not judging others. Jesus repeatedly said things like Judge not least you be judged, let he who is without sin throw the first stone and told parables like the good Samaritan and the prodigal son - and the clear message was that the only one who could and should judge others is God - and it isn't the place of people to sit in judgement of each other.
Israel can say he doesn't do any of those things because he thinks God would send him to hell, but the clear message of the religion he claims to follow is that it isn't his place to tell other people they are going to hell.
It isn’t just God who could and should judge others from a Biblical point of view. It says you’ll be judged by God and to judge with right judgement and not by appearances. It’s about having our standards being put forth before God if one were to judge. Seems like a common misconception out of Christianity. People tend to refer to Matthew 7 and forget 2nd verse. The way Folau is going about it makes it seem like he is ready to take whatever judgement is thrown at him.

The majority of Pacific Islanders were raised in odd Christian sects like Mormon or seventh day Adventists.
If holding these beliefs excluded guys, we would lose a quarter of the NRL, but the problem isn't holding odd beliefs, it's publicly preaching them.
That ain't right, there's a relatively even spread in Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian and even Angellican churches as there are in Mormon churches.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back