George Williams

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Ethan, Jul 24, 2018.

1. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Feeney had no success here before and I now know you are beau Simon, a.k.a. as Mrs. Feeney!

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Hell no to Feeney coming back. Brown wants a running 5/8 it appears. Which means probably not going to get one with a great kicking game also.

What we should be doing is playing Ponga as a second kicking option other side of the ruck on the last so if Pearce gets hounded they have Ponga as an option. The kid can kick in general play.

3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Take this with a grain of salt but in the presser tonight Brown said the club hasn't spoken to anybody about Williams.

4. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

So he’s bought a house here & met his future wife then?

5. krustykraz

krustykraz Anthony Quinn

6. krustykraz

krustykraz Anthony Quinn

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
  7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I am sure he likes Sam Burgess as well, ditto Cooper Cronk, doesn't mean he'll get them.

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Way too much work and money to get him over here for me and it's unlikely he'd work out for the same reasons mentioned already in the thread.

I'm really puzzled that with all our issues in the forwards we're thinking about doing this.

Looks like this week Ponga will play 5/8 regardless of whether Watson is fit, has Brown decided Watson isn't our 5/8 going forward ???

Shame we've let Meaney go now I'd hate to see us play next year with Ponga at 5/8 and Edrik Lee playing fullback or something like that.

Seen Feeney mentioned before, I'd take him back as a back up or even possible 5/8. He did make a fair few blues but the way he took the ball to the line caught my eye, plays fast and straight just like a half should. Partnered by Pearce in the halves he wouldn't have to worry about kicking or steering the side around, might be worth a look? I'd rather him than Dargan

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

Reading to much into it, Meaney is a better f/b than Cogger is 5/8 so Ponga to 5/8, Watson injured, next year Pearce 7, Ponga/Watson 5/8 or f/b end of story.

10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

Feeney, who I like, think of Austin at Canberra, hot or cold, brilliant or mistakes, win or lose you a game, similar types but potential to reach high point in mid to late 20's, by learning

11. Joel

Joel Touche...

Even if Ponga is gonna be a 5/8, Watson is an absolute gun at fullback. He killed it at the Chooks in that position.

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Absolute gun? Killed it? People certainly are prone to popping their load early here.

Jaybro likes this.
  13. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watson is a decent player at 5/8, fullback and hooker. He'll never be a star at any of them, but being firstgrade standard in 3 spine positions makes him invaluable as a squad member.

14. Joel

Joel Touche...

What do you mean early? A game of football is a game of football. He slotted effortlessly in the fullback position and looked classy. If anything people were sketchy on him playing 5/8 not fullback before he was here. From what I remember his stats were great and came off being a player of the tournament for the nines.

15. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

We ain't winning anything with Watson at fullback

fullback is probably his 3rd preferred position.

16. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

He was going to go tigers because they offered him a start at fullback. The thing with connor is his best asset is his versatility but he doesn't want that label and wants a start.

17. Joel

Joel Touche...

We're winning with Meaney at the back, so I'm not sure what your logical is there. This is his only year not playing a fair chunk of games at the back. Are you just guessing about it being his 3rd preferred position? I only recall him saying he sees himself at 5/8 and wants to play there, nothing about him preferring dummy half over fullback.

18. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Ok I’ll rephrase my quotes because they’re being taken out of context and my wording is as usual pretty poor.

In my opinion Watson’s best position is hooker then 5/8 then fullback. Should have said that instead of ‘preferred’

As for the comment about us not winning anything with Watson at fullback, obviously we’ll win games but overall I can’t see it being a benefit to side him being at fullback and doesn’t give us our best chance of pushing for a title.

Tigers also bought Tui Lolohea to play fullback how’s that worked out ? And Tui has played a lot more fullback than Connor.

19. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I wouldn't mind seeing how Watson at 1 and Ponga at six would go , but then imo Meaney deserve's the F/B spot if Ponga's not there ..I would really like to see Watson running of Ponga though , as I like the thought of Watsons running game coming off all that talent at 6 . But im happy with what ever they do with those 3 ...

20. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

If they want KP to play 5/8 we should have a crack at Bevan French !!! Wants to play fullback and has pace to burn !!!!

Wobbles likes this.