Favourite recruit?

Mozza, If you like "old style" no nonsense, 100M man who can bend a line using a perfect "Kiwi Side step" , Jake is it.
That's it. I can't wait to see our front row rotation have at it. We're gonna have one of the better ones going around I reckon. They'll make Ponga and Watson' jobs much easier aswell.

Im 100% excited. Guerra is a great signing like i said. Just not in my top 5 most exciting signings for us. Maybe just scrapes in at 5 actually.
1 Ponga
2 Watson
3 Moga
4 Ese Ese
5 then maybe Guerra.

Very happy to be proven wrong as always and excited more then ever for the new season. For once we have a team that actually has to fight for there spots rather then a copy and paste team every week!

Good to hear Josh, cause Guerra doesn't excite me either but he is becoming a Favorite and who I believe was undervalued by the Roosters but I think we will reap the benefits.

While we are on players who excite , heard a great story from and Electrical Engineer mate of mine up in Townsville , when I asked him what he thought of Ponga ( I don't have an opinion on him yet ) he said that his young bloke wrote a story on Ponga for a school project and not only did Ponga give a great story he also followed up by going and watching his junior league and Touch games and even single him out at Cowboys home games to say gidday , needless to say this made the Kid feel special and elevates Ponga in my estimations.

There just aren't enough feel good stories reported on with footy players involved although there are heaps.

Ponga and Watson are the obvious ones. Both will add some much needed flair to our attack and I'm very keen to see how Lamb work with them also.

One I also can't wait to see is Ese'ese. The guy is a very good prop but also athlete. He hits the line with speed, has good leg drive and doesn't surrender in the tackle. Our prop rotation is very very good next year.

It's really hard to say. I'm excited with all our recruits for different reasons, which is something I have never said in the past. Ponga gives us a strike we haven't had, Connor could be brilliant with Brock, Moga should be a beast in the centres. Agree with others that our front row rotation looks genuinely strong - we actually have four first graders to pick from. I'll also say that I watched Guerra closely after we signed him and thought he was very, very good for the chooks.

Brown & Mooney have done a tremendous job with our recruitment, can't see how anyone could say otherwise.

SKD was surprisingly good.
If he keeps it up next year he will be a real asset for us.

SKD was surprisingly good.
If he keeps it up next year he will be a real asset for us.

Absolutely. Having a point to prove plus looking for redemption make for very strong motivators.

If he plays outside of Moga I'm hoping his experience will help Moga's gameplay expand to passing, otherwise he'll have to go looking for the ball.

Guess we'll have to wait and find out

Absolutely. Having a point to prove plus looking for redemption make for very strong motivators.

If he plays outside of Moga I'm hoping his experience will help Moga's gameplay expand to passing, otherwise he'll have to go looking for the ball.

Guess we'll have to wait and find out

Watched Moga play after we signed him and he is a "beast " usually breaks the first tackle , if SKD can position himself there will be heaps of second play off load chances available to the supporting players inside and out.

Most excited about Watson then Ponga closely in second. But I’m very pumped about all our recruits thus far so it’s a big year to look forward too.

Nutty, our inexperienced spine has the potential to be the greatest excitement and yet our biggest disappointment all in one, I say this with all sincerity, history has shown new dynamic spines rarely succeed nor perform in the first years due to the weight of expectation.

The best thing they can do is approach each game in a workmanlike fashion , role your sleeves up, absorb whatever the opposition throws up, maintain the pressure by changing the angles of attack by feeding the "Big Brutes" and only unleash the dynamic step or miracle pass when converting opportunity into points.

Often Dynamic players use the "side step, dummies" that much it doesn't become the weapon it should be.

I agree with your summation of dynamic players being over reliant on trying to beat the man every time and I don't have unrealistic expectations of them being anything but a work in progress in 2018.

What I am really keen to see is the combinations and playing style develop as this young group play together over time under a structured game plan that suits the combined strengths of our squad and a that rests with Brownie and the coaching staff.

If they can develop and build a confidence in each other and develop the discipline of sticking to a game plan (which is what our older experienced players need to bring to the younger playing group), I think our capacity for this to be a developing team genuinely competing for a top 8 spot in 2019 and a top 6 spot 2020 should be showing by the last 6 rounds of 2018

So I shouldn't be putting everything on them clinching a Minor / Major premiership double next season?

In hindsight that bet might have been a bit hasty... :lol:

I agree with your summation of dynamic players being over reliant on trying to beat the man every time and I don't have unrealistic expectations of them being anything but a work in progress in 2018.

What I am really keen to see is the combinations and playing style develop as this young group play together over time under a structured game plan that suits the combined strengths of our squad and a that rests with Brownie and the coaching staff.

If they can develop and build a confidence in each other and develop the discipline of sticking to a game plan (which is what our older experienced players need to bring to the younger playing group), I think our capacity for this to be a developing team genuinely competing for a top 8 spot in 2019 and a top 6 spot 2020 should be showing by the last 6 rounds of 2018

Still Nutty , you echo the voice of reason.

There are better times ahead that is certain.

I can't wait to see Lamb next year and him working with Watson and Ponga. He will be the conductor of the spine obviously. Hopefully his kicking game continues to improve as he'll most certainly be the only real kicker in the team.

That makes me a little nervous. If Lamb gets demoted to reserves as is being tossed around, unless we recruited another great goal-kicking half that leaves us pretty vulnerable to dropping those close matches.

That makes me a little nervous. If Lamb gets demoted to reserves as is being tossed around, unless we recruited another great goal-kicking half that leaves us pretty vulnerable to dropping those close matches.
Lamb shouldn't be dropped. He has more experience than Wattson.

Back