Ex-Knights Watch

slotmachine

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Meaney and Cogger miss out on the Dogs 17 but make extended bench.
JJ Collins (was Felise) makes Raiders extended bench.
Lamb, Denniss miss out all together.
Starling, Naden and Pythian didn't get a top 30 spot as far as I can see.

Even Lam pipped Lamb on the extended bench. Spare a thought for Billy during this tough time.

I hope the Norths game isn't being broadcast - their halves combination is Lamb/Lam
Tom Starling is number 9 for the Mounties, with his little mate Brendan O'Hagan at 7.
Matt Cooper and Tom Hughes had a good win with Easts Tigers in the Qld cup, with Hughes scoring a solo try at centre.
Meaney is not named in reserve grade for the dogs, but on the extended bench for firstgrade. Cogger is named at 7 for reserves and on the extended bench for firsts.

I don't think much of Lewis at the dogs, injuries aside I think cogger is closest to getting a run in firsts.

I think the Bulldogs would be better served with Meaney at Fullback and Hopoate in the centres.

Roberts at 5/8 for the Titans. Not sure why Brimson isn’t starting for them, he was their most dangerous player in the back half of 2018.

If he doesn't have a decent start to the season I wouldn't be surprised to see the medical retirement argument trotted out again

I see Lachlan Walmsley is starting fullback for Souths reserve grade.
Got some fullbacks running around - Meaney, Walmsley, Matt Cooper, Peter Mataútia, Mamo, Sio - a few weeks from now we'll probably be searching under the loungeroom cushions to see if we can find a fullback.

Yates tackled himself to a standstill as London won 18-16 against Leeds. He now has 279 tackles in 6 games and London are have a 3-3 win loss record after many thought they wouldn't win a game.
Starling had his usual game in reserve grade - played 80 minutes, topped the tackle count with 45, second highest fantasy points with 59, ran for 80 metres.
Phythian played 5/8 for Norths in Qld cup. No stats up, but they had a huge win.
Cogger and Meaney both had ordinary games for the dogs reserves.

Last edited:
Simon Asela from the 2018 SG Ball side is now playing for Easts Tigers HDC (U20).
I liked what I saw of him in his few games, but he was clearly unfit. If the big unit has got fit enough to play more than 20 minutes he will be very good.

I heard Brock played well for Norths

Also Jack Johns was on the bench for Souths reggies wasn't he?
I didn't think Johns did much, but he's been named in the starting side this week - number 11.
Brock looked great. A change of clubs has done him good.

Back