Dane Gagai Re-Signs with Knights until 2017

I still have faith that Mamo will come good and we need to retain him alongside the Mata'utia brothers; hopefully the club doesn't lose sight of that. I think he just needs a year in NSW Cup, the kid has massive potential and I can easily see him being up there as a core member of the club. Whether he's better than Chanel is debatable but I think at some point in the next year or two there will be a place in the side for both of them.
 
I reckon Gids will slot in straight for Boyd, although I do like the thought of having Sione at fullback but then Mamo will carve up at fullback once he develops a playmaking game and has a year in NSW Cup, wouldn't mind seeing him bulk up a little either.

I honestly don't think anyone but BJ is safe in our backline, Dane is a terrible defender and isn't a centre.
 
If we throw massive $'s at the boys, well some of our established fav's will be in the reggies.

Lets face it Dane and BJL are safe, I reckon Jimmy is safe being a current SOO rep. But realistically Uate will be in the NSW cup, and hopefully boyd moves on opening the space for Sione automatically at first grade.

Still shocked Mamo was shunted so quickly to me at this stage his much better then Chanelle.
Uate in NSW Cup, you can't be serious if anyone is safe in that backline it's him and joey, he's basically Stone's player going through fiji and all that with him, personally i don't want him and i don't see him getting dropped, just because juniors are playing well doesn't mean the experienced players are useless all of a sudden, i'd be very surprised if stone doesn't get the best out of Uate next year, and with all the Mata'utia drama going on if they(including sione) think they'll get a guaranteed first grade contract with us or bulldogs there joking none of them are ready yet, sione maybe mid way through the year but there's still players in front of him so i hope he doesn't get cocky thinking signing with the bulldogs gives him automatic first grade selection because it wont.
 
We aren't going to pay top $ for Sione for and sit him in the lower grades are we?

Weak link is definately Uate for mine unless Gids moves back to the halves.
 
Im so sick of hearing everyone putting their faith in the Mata'utias and calling our experienced players like Uate useless and he should be dropped. Where is the loyalty? Uate has put in more work than most for this club. So what he may not have had the best season. But we all know what hes capable of and I personally think he deserves a chance to show us he can return to form. How can you say put this man in NSW cup that's a joke. He should have a cemented spot as our Winger.
 
Sione will be an even better player next year and will force his way into firstgrade even if all our backline is fit.
All the brothers have grown a lot between 18 and 21. Pat is still growing I think, or has only just finished growing this year - so Sione has about 3 years of growth to go. He will end up 2 or 3 inches taller and about 10kg heavier I reckon.
It's only 3 years ago that Sione was playing under 16s, and even though he looked like someone had named a grown man in under 16s and he tore up the comp, he has made amazing strides in those 3 years.
In short, by the start of next season he will have improved a lot from where he is now.
 
Gidley at 14, Roberts at 7 and then Roberts giving Clydesdale a break slotting into dummy half while Gidley comes on at half seems like the suitable option. We need Sione at fullback
 
Gidley at 14, Roberts at 7 and then Roberts giving Clydesdale a break slotting into dummy half while Gidley comes on at half seems like the suitable option. We need Sione at fullback

I think that's a brilliant solution. I do not want Tyrone losing his spot, but I did think he was great at hooker this season, so that could be the answer to the situation.

Just a quick question, but why do we rotate the hooker position. Other clubs don't. I don't see Smith, Ennis or Luke rotating. Is that a Bennett thing?
 
I think that's a brilliant solution. I do not want Tyrone losing his spot, but I did think he was great at hooker this season, so that could be the answer to the situation.

Just a quick question, but why do we rotate the hooker position. Other clubs don't. I don't see Smith, Ennis or Luke rotating. Is that a Bennett thing?

They are 80 minute hookers, unless clubs have hookers who can play 80 quality minutes like those guys then they will usually carry 2 hookers.
 
Life would much easier for us if Gids would head to the ESL this year!
Why is that, to free up money? Money is not the reason the brothers have signed with the dogs imo. We can undoubtedly offer them the same money. Its more to do with being part of a professionally run club that has a history of success and a class coach, not an " inbred", backwards club with a nuffy coach like us. With Boyd going this offseason and the brothers along with Gagai, more than likely next offseason, we might really needs gids for a few more seasons yet.
 
Why is that, to free up money? Money is not the reason the brothers have signed with the dogs imo. We can undoubtedly offer them the same money. Its more to do with being part of a professionally run club that has a history of success and a class coach, not an " inbred", backwards club with a nuffy coach like us. With Boyd going this offseason and the brothers along with Gagai, more than likely next offseason, we might really needs gids for a few more seasons yet.

Do you even like the Knights?
 
Fair enough, it's just not much positive comes out that's all, it threw me. Pretty tough when you' re a staunch supporter in bad times, but I believe times are about to start looking up
 
Im so sick of hearing everyone putting their faith in the Mata'utias and calling our experienced players like Uate useless and he should be dropped. Where is the loyalty? Uate has put in more work than most for this club. So what he may not have had the best season. But we all know what hes capable of and I personally think he deserves a chance to show us he can return to form. How can you say put this man in NSW cup that's a joke. He should have a cemented spot as our Winger.
Agree, plus he was carrying an injury for the second half of the year!

- - - Updated - - -

I still have faith that Mamo will come good and we need to retain him alongside the Mata'utia brothers; hopefully the club doesn't lose sight of that. I think he just needs a year in NSW Cup, the kid has massive potential and I can easily see him being up there as a core member of the club. Whether he's better than Chanel is debatable but I think at some point in the next year or two there will be a place in the side for both of them.
Mamo needs to bulk up, lose his hot head & learn to pass the ball & be a team player. He trys to be the hero too often, but hopefully a bit of maturity will help with all this.
 
Back
Top