Dane Gagai discussion

Yeah, he's too good to have to go to England. Be great to see him play till 27/28. I also love the talk about wanting to win a premiership. You hear a lot of the playing group mention in interviews they don't want to make up the numbers and play to win. It's exciting and I'm quietly confident we give it a nudge this year. 26/27 full tilt! Be great to send out Gags and Frizz with the big prize.
 
Nailing the start to the season then getting into the top four at the end would be huge.

Realistically outside of freak years like 2005, you don’t just come from the clouds and win the comp first go. Need to come up against the big sides, Melbourne, Penrith, in those big games, and lose them. That’s how you learn what it takes. Getting that experience before Dylan even arrives would be like gold.
 
See no reason why he can’t play on, at least 2026, form is good and gives a bit more time for younger ones to develop, can say same about Frizell.
It’s virtually up to them
 
What would they be on? Frizz and Gags? You think they would take unders? It would like “boys, we will look after you after retirement”!
 
Gags snubbed for a 10 game rookie who can’t tackle. Gotta love that famed Queensland loyalty.
Good for us though because we’ll need him to be any chance (albeit very slim) against Penrith.
 
Yeah I can understand other guys being picked over Gagai (I probably would have picked Cobbo there if fit, who’d at least be some chance of matching Latrell physically), but given their outs, it’s nuts. That right side for Queensland has to stop Latrell Mitchell… obviously Gagai’s not stopping Latrell one on one, but their chances of working out a system as a unit which can blunt that left side is way higher with Gagai as a key decision maker/voice on that edge.
 
I guess it's his (and our) fault for dedicating most of his career to the Knights, but I was surprised when I saw he had only scored 86 tries in 300 games.
 
I still don’t understand how Loiero even came close to selection let alone picked ahead of Mann.
The same reason that Stefano was ahead of Terrel May

Melbourne Storm people on each coaching staff

Just like how the NRLW NSW team was like half the roosters team

All to do with coaching staff and their influence from certain teams
 
Back
Top