Corey Oates

BRONCOS winger Corey Oates reveals his much-publicised quest to play in the back row is little more than a hoax by coach Wayne Bennett to string the media along. Oates says Benny told him earlier in the season: “Let’s have a bit of fun with it.” It’s nice to know the Old Fox will be able to earn a quid as a stand-up comedian once the Broncos bone him..

That was on the female footy show on fox a few weeks back. He said when he originally said he wanted back row, bennett approached him and said "You're playing wing right?" and Oates apparently said yeah so he reckons Bennett said to have some fun with it.

Then in practically the next sentence said he wanted to play back row, maybe a bit later in his career when he slows a bit.

Personally I think he wanted to play backrow, got told it ain't happening, still wants to play back row and made up this BS story to cover his failure to move to backrow.

That was on the female footy show on fox a few weeks back. He said when he originally said he wanted back row, bennett approached him and said "You're playing wing right?" and Oates apparently said yeah so he reckons Bennett said to have some fun with it.

Then in practically the next sentence said he wanted to play back row, maybe a bit later in his career when he slows a bit.

Personally I think he wanted to play backrow, got told it ain't happening, still wants to play back row and made up this BS story to cover his failure to move to backrow.
I think you might be right!

No way in hell the Broncos can afford their roster on salary cap alone, but having said that, I'd be happy if we could take advantage of such an arrangement.

I doubt the roosters fans have been upset about how they won the GF, only that they did. Hell, Melbourne had premierships taken off them, and the game still talks about Smiths grand final wins as if all of them were legit. Same for Storm.

In the last 20 years there has only been 4 years where the Grand final didn't have at least one of the Broncos, Melbourne or Roosters in it.

These three sides during that time have only missed the finals 6 times (combined)

For a game that prides itself on being the most even competition in the world, that's a massive show of domination by those three sides.

TPA's, favouritism from the NRL or blatant cheating of the cap. Either way it's clear these sides are doing something better than the rest.

In the last 20 years there has only been 4 years where the Grand final didn't have at least one of the Broncos, Melbourne or Roosters in it.

These three sides during that time have only missed the finals 6 times (combined)

For a game that prides itself on being the most even competition in the world, that's a massive show of domination by those three sides.

TPA's, favouritism from the NRL or blatant cheating of the cap. Either way it's clear these sides are doing something better than the rest.

Nothing to see here the cap is working RIIITTTEEE!

It was only a few years ago that the Brisbane CEO said they have so many people wanting to give TPA's that they actually turn people away.

Is the media gig for Channel 9? Or for Nova FM radio here? I'm from Brisbane and I'm pretty glad to not hear a ****ty Sam Thaiday add or interview on the radio every day at work now. If it is Nova FM I struggle to understand the amount of $$$ they pay to Broncos players for TPA's for stuff all work

Is the media gig for Channel 9? Or for Nova FM radio here? I'm from Brisbane and I'm pretty glad to not hear a ****ty Sam Thaiday add or interview on the radio every day at work now. If it is Nova FM I struggle to understand the amount of $$$ they pay to Broncos players for TPA's for stuff all work

That would be because they are bogus deals to pay a player outside the salary cap! They are not meant to be doing a lot of work for them.

It said he was getting a media deal with a local radio station. Not sure which one.

We need a strong winger to start off our sets.
He isn't getting a run at the donks and they need some cash to upgrade/re-sign some youngsters.
Could get him for the rest of the year.
Id imagine he would be cheap, I'd be happy to give him 18 months.

I’d take him if he’s learned his lesson haha. One of the best wingers going before he got it in his head he should be a forward.

Back