Okay, with explanations for each contentious selection:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Dominic Young
3. Toby Winter
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Fletcher Sharpe
7. Dylan Brown
13. Mat Croker
12. Francis Manuleleua
11. Dylan Lucas
10. Trey Mooney
9. Phoenix Crossland
8. Jacob Saifiti
14. Sandon Smith
15. Lachlan Crouch
16. Cody Hopwood
17. Jermaine McEwen
18. Marata Niukore
19. Harrison Graham
On Winter: If he has a really good pre-season give the lad a crack. I liked what I saw a lot and the earlier he gets a go the better he’ll be when it matters.
On Marzhew: Bit of an overreaction to dump him after one game lads. The dude is instrumental to our system.
On the halves: Not moving Fletch, I think this is his best spot. Owey was right all along that it’s a waste to have him anywhere but in the game as much as possible. And yeah I can’t wait for Dylan to be back he’s so hot.
On Crokes: I’m not married to him starting there, would be open to Cody or Trey being tried there. I thought the Roosters really game planned to get after him physically and he got folded quite a bit. But his skill set has been very handy this year.
On the starting edges: Open minded about who out of Francis and Dylan starts on the left/right edges.
On Smith: I’m still keen to see him in this role. I think he’s a more talented player than Graham & I don’t know why you’d close the book on him being a real weapon out of acting half.
On McEwen - Would use him the way Penrith have used back rowers in the past, come on as an impact middle then give one edge forward a breather, as he plays out games there.
On Niukore: The way footy works, he’ll probably play 17-21 games even if he’s not in our best 17 on game day.